Mar 29, 2024, 06:18 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

TARDIS Console on "Rude Tube"

Started by davidnagel, Sep 24, 2012, 10:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

davidnagel

Sep 24, 2012, 10:29 pm Last Edit: Sep 24, 2012, 10:38 pm by davidnagel
In the latest series of Rude Tube the presenter appears in what can only be described as a TARDIS-esque, Hitchhikers movie inspired, space craft. And at the centre of it a nice, white console.

No column, but the size and general layout was reminiscent of our favourite ship's controls.

Screenshot coming shortly.
Regards
David

davidnagel

Sep 24, 2012, 10:47 pm #1 Last Edit: Oct 18, 2012, 09:48 pm by Scarfwearer
Here we are...RudeTube_637px.jpg
Regards
David

Mark

I thought that!

Not really a time rotor as such, but a Tom Baker style secondary console round thing in the middle.

Kingpin

Figured I'd bump this as this prop, minus some parts is now in the possession of our old friend, Purple. :)

galacticprobe

Sep 18, 2013, 05:05 am #4 Last Edit: Sep 18, 2013, 05:05 am by galacticprobe
How do people like Purple get so lucky?! Would he allow someone to post some close-up photos of this console, just so we can get a better look at its design? (One never knows what ideas it can inspire.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

watcher

This console looks like it would fit right in onboard the series 3,4 & 5 Red Dwarf!  :D

Some pictures on Purple's blog:

http://purpleblancmange.wordpress.com/2013/09/17/not-the-tardis-console/

Dalekoracle

Sep 18, 2013, 08:51 am #6 Last Edit: Sep 18, 2013, 09:09 am by Dalekoracle
He is a lucky chap, but anyone here could have acquired this telly prop as it was on Ebay last month, complete with a white chair, with an opening price of just £100 (buyer collects).
It didn't sell.
The seller re-listed (same price) and they got one bid: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/sci-fi-space-controller-doctor-who-starwars-style-/200957434754?
As previously mentioned, its from the show Rude Tube, and their studio set has had a makeover, and rather than scrap it, they offered it on Ebay.
Its rather cool. Not a Tardis console, but you can see where they got their inspiration from :)

davidnagel

Oh dang, how did I miss that? Lol

I would have had loved to refurb this prop as a proper TARDIS console.
Regards
David

DoctorWho8

Maybe you should help Purple and Exterminator when they get around to remaking it.  I'm sure they wouldn't mind the help. :)
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

Kingpin

Quote from: galacticprobe on Sep 18, 2013, 05:05 am
How do people like Purple get so lucky?! Would he allow someone to post some close-up photos of this console, just so we can get a better look at its design? (One never knows what ideas it can inspire.)

You'd have to ask him, I don't expect he'd mind... but I don't speak for him.

galacticprobe

Sep 19, 2013, 05:25 am #10 Last Edit: Sep 19, 2013, 05:25 am by galacticprobe
Wow! I just read Purple's blog on this. He's got some nice detailed shots of it there. Talk about inspiring? (That "Mung Turner Overdrive" lever looks an awful like the 2013 TARDIS Console's Demat Lever!)

And again I ask... how do some people get so lucky? ???

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

DoctorWho8

Basically, no one wanted it, Purp and his mate Exterminator probably chipped in 50 quid each, and came home with something that can be made more that what it was made for.  But yeah, that lever is definitely a watercooler talker.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

The14thDr

Mar 29, 2014, 06:42 pm #12 Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 10:52 am by The14thDr
I could have sworn that I saw that in either the gallery or build section of this site. I might be wrong, but I've definitely seen that before, and it wasn't on Rude Tube.

Or maybe my mind is just playing tricks on me. :P
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

galacticprobe

Mar 30, 2014, 05:09 am #13 Last Edit: Mar 30, 2014, 05:09 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: The14thDr on Mar 29, 2014, 06:42 pm
...in the... not-too-distant future,..

"...Next Sunday, A.D..."? ;) ;D

Dino.