Apr 19, 2024, 12:43 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Bourne Hill at Fox Lane, Southgate Box

Started by petewilson, Aug 14, 2017, 11:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

petewilson

Aug 14, 2017, 11:52 am Last Edit: Mar 21, 2018, 01:42 pm by hb88banzai
Y28--Junction of Bourne Hill, south side and Fox Lane , Southgate (1970)

Now the site seems to be working fine again....

Let me present you with the first photograph of this magnificent Box nearing the end of it's life.......

Enjoy!

Pete

Y28 Junction of Bourne Hill, south side and Fox Lane on island in centre of roadway, Southgate.jpg

Dalekoracle

What a lovely photo! Needs a little colour correction, but bloody marvellous!
Thanks for posting that Pete!

Mark

Angelus Lupus

A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

tony farrell

Angelus Lupus

To be fair, I was already doing it when the post was made... yeah I get bored  ;D
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

frostedwindows

Streetview of the scene in 2014 - both boxes dematerialised! Apparently the fenced off area is a restored cattle pound...

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.6279908,-0.1163119,3a,75y,21.05h,85.65t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sDQUseBFdpPSmZIiuWnnwBQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

(my image upload isn't working for some reason?)

Senseidale

"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important"

petewilson

I am trying too...But I seem to be doing all my myself now.........
Hey.....I've got another one lined up for later in the week......  ;)

Pete

galacticprobe

Quote from: frostedwindows on Aug 15, 2017, 08:31 am
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.6279908,-0.1163119,3a,75y,21.05h,85.65t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sDQUseBFdpPSmZIiuWnnwBQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

(my image upload isn't working for some reason?)

Here's a little help, frostedwindows:
Junction-BourneHill-FoxLane.jpg
Pretty scenery. (Be prettier with the boxes still in place, though.)

Dino.
(P. S. If you've got a URL with a ! in it, you have to put it between the URL brackets (they look like this, but without spaces: [ url ] [ /url ]). If you don't, the software will break the URL at the !, which is why the one in frostedwindows' original post is only half of the link. You'd have to copy and paste the entire URL into the address bar of your browser to see the page. Info to hopefully help everyone.)
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Volpone

Quote from: petewilson on Aug 15, 2017, 07:42 pm
I am trying too...But I seem to be doing all my myself now.........
Hey.....I've got another one lined up for later in the week......  ;)

Pete

Forget that, get to Africa and start driving around to TV stations to see if you can rummage through their file cabinets for lost episodes!  ;) 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.