New, New TardisBuilders!

Tony's Console Room Measurements

Started by tony farrell, Sep 02, 2012, 09:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rassilons Rod

Dec 13, 2012, 05:02 pm #225 Last Edit: Dec 13, 2012, 05:16 pm by rassilonsrod
Quote from: celation on Dec 13, 2012, 03:13 pm
Quote from: rassilonsrod on Dec 13, 2012, 10:25 am
I tried to do a thing in Maya that I'm not very good at. Image Planes.

Quoted for obvious lack of truth... :)

That's very, very cool.

LOL - Seriously... I did that by hand, ALT Tabbing back to the forum to look at the photo. Using the Image Plane was fruitless :/

If you have any tips or tutorials you could email me I would be VERY grateful - The only ones I could find were for setting them up for faces. Not quite the same thing.... :/

But your compliment is very well received, it means a lot coming from you! :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

tony farrell

I don't know, I go away for two days and this is what happens - my little thread develops a life of it's own and all these interesting contributions appear!

I just thought I'd post this so that the real set and Marc's renders of my measurements of the Fault Locator and Scanner/Down-lighter Assembly can be compared.

pizap.com13554961978241.jpg

In view of Kert and Nate's earlier findings about the different sizes of the photographic walls, I'm revisiting my measurements on these - I hope to have something to show you in the next couple of days....
I think what I'll do first however, in much the same way that I summarised how I've arrived at my measurements a couple of posts ago, is post the principal elements of the Tardis set together here.

Rassilons Rod

Public Enema Number One.

tony farrell

Absolutely nothing - the fault locator was modular - the panels were designed to be arranged in more or less any order!  ;)

Tony

Rassilons Rod

Ah ok in that case... No I just thought I'd misread your plans somehow or something :)
Public Enema Number One.

tony farrell

Dec 15, 2012, 05:11 am #230 Last Edit: Dec 15, 2012, 05:16 am by Tony Farrell
Okay, a summary of the measurements so far:

20121002063142b.png

myphoto (83).png

roundel-ratios3.png

20121002063142a.png20121002063142b.png

myphoto (4).jpg

Screens for comparison..png

Screens for comparison. (1a).png

20121002063142 (2 revised without scanner).png

FotoFlexer_Photo (2).jpgmyphoto (2).pngmyphoto (3).png20121002063142 (2 revised without scanner).png20121002063142 (1).png20121002063142 (3).pngfault widths 2a.pngNo message is associated with this attachment.No message is associated with this attachment.fault locator detailing with measurements.png

galacticprobe

Dec 15, 2012, 06:23 am #231 Last Edit: Dec 15, 2012, 06:24 am by galacticprobe
WOW! :o Just... WOW! Fantastic (and painstaking) work on those measurements, Tony! And I actually like the way the green goes with the walls. And Marc's renderings are really bringing this thing to life. I... want one! (Unfortunately, I can't get a repaint of the house's rooms using that color passed the wife.)

I might be able to get one wall out of her when we re-arrange the front room. (Anyone out there with a dozen or so Hartnell roundels they don't know what to do with? ;) ;D)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Rassilons Rod

Ooooh, the interior doors! That's a piece of info I've been wanting for quite some time :)
Public Enema Number One.

tony farrell

Dec 15, 2012, 12:32 pm #233 Last Edit: Dec 15, 2012, 12:46 pm by Tony Farrell
Marc, I aim to please - though actually the doors to the living quarters was one of the first bits I drew! Thanks Dino - I too think green and silver is a nice combination (see the 'sister' thread)! Though perhaps, I ought to add a note of caution for anyone wanting to build the Brachaki Control Room - you'll need a space of 50 feet by 35 feet to fit it in!!  ;D

Tony

Rassilons Rod

Ooops! Not sure why I don't remember that... Anyway... :)

2012-12-15-1-Interior_Doors_Front.jpeg

2012-12-15-2-Interior_Doors_Back.jpeg
Public Enema Number One.

Rassilons Rod

The lintel lights look a bit better here. Also fixed the roundel colour.

2012-12-15-3-Interior_Doors_Front.jpeg
Public Enema Number One.

tony farrell

Bloody hell Marc - you don't hang around, do you? I hope you don't mind me making a small point - the lighting panels above the doors should be the same colour as the bucket backings to the roundels (i.e., translucent white). That's probably my fault for giving it a yellow tint on my drawing - sorry!

Here are two pictures showing it lit and unlit....

myphoto (5).png

myphoto (30).png

Tony

tony farrell

galacticprobe

Dec 16, 2012, 05:38 am #238 Last Edit: Dec 16, 2012, 05:39 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: Tony Farrell on Dec 15, 2012, 12:32 pm
...a note of caution for anyone wanting to build the Brachaki Control Room - you'll need a space of 50 feet by 35 feet to fit it in!!  ;D

That's bigger than my entire house! :o Well, at least now I'll know if I ever get the chance to build a house how big to make it, and to make it a two-floor house. (Regular ranch-style house upstairs, and I think we all know what the ground floor will look like. ;))

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

tony farrell

Ha ha! ;D To further put people off, perhaps I should add that the original Tardis set is reputed to have cost £3,000. In today's money that equates to £150,000. If anyone wants to send me a cheque, I'll start the build immediately!

Sadly, work is getting in the way of this thread again, so it'll be a few days before I can add anything further.

Tony