Apr 20, 2024, 03:49 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

TARDIS Console at Burning Man

Started by DoctorWho8, Aug 07, 2012, 09:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorWho8

If you ever heard or have seen of the event known as Burning Man, you missed out on this little beauty.
http://vimeo.com/43147772
Picture 3.png
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

tony farrell

That's a very clever effect they've achieved with the column lighting. Does anyone know how that was achieved?
Regards
Tony

lorisarvendu

Why is everybody looking the other way?  There's a TARDIS console behind you dudes!

"Uh...yeah...but like...the lights man..."

museumdave

WOW That is really striking!

Thanks for sharing that..... It kinda makes me want to make one of those....
Cool

Dave
"I could retire and be the curator of this place,"  the 11th doctor or maybe the 12th?

DoctorWho8

Sep 12, 2012, 08:11 pm #5 Last Edit: Sep 12, 2012, 09:55 pm by DoctorWho8
That's the Burning Man console I found!  Now we have a name to go with it.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

DoctorWho8

The more pics I see, it looks to be a hybrid of the Smith console with the Junk TARDIS console.  Notice the extending shaving mirror.
Bill "the Doctor" rudloff

galacticprobe

Sep 13, 2012, 05:10 am #7 Last Edit: Sep 13, 2012, 05:12 am by galacticprobe
I love those old bumpers from a '70s era pinball game under one of those control panels (I recognize them from several games I used to play). I also love that blue "Viewmaster" hanging from the extendable "scissors" frame. I still have one like it from when I was a kid ('60s era) only mine is black... but it still works!

Lots of other cool knobbies and such on this console interpretation. The "Gallifreyan" cutouts on the legs for letting the light through, as well as more Gallifreyan symbols on the panels between the legs is also a nice touch. (Probably Gallifreyan signs for "Danger: Extremely High Voltage", or maybe "To be serviced by a certified TARDIS repair facility - no user-serviceable parts inside".)

I would love to have seen a Build Diary for this baby!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

davidnagel

Wow. Nice and clean and clever. Great job.
Regards
David

ThisJustinOnline

Dalekoracle

Its a beauty isn't it, but its been doing the rounds for some time and is a lovely fan creation.

galacticprobe

Dec 15, 2012, 05:43 am #11 Last Edit: Dec 15, 2012, 06:09 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: Primrodo on Dec 15, 2012, 12:07 am
Have you guys seen this one?

Quote from: Dalekoracle on Dec 15, 2012, 12:40 am
Its a beauty isn't it, but its been doing the rounds for some time and is a lovely fan creation.

Yeah... it made for some discussion here http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=3635.0. That thread also has a link to a Facebook page with many more views of that console both in the dark and in daylight. One of the night shots has a nice close-up view of the Gallifreyan "graphics" as cut-outs in the legs. Interesting design concept.

Quote from: darren79 on Dec 14, 2012, 10:30 pm
Another glimpse of the interior from a BBC America trailer.

Just curious, but do you have a link to this trailer? Or is this a screen grab? (Only asking because I can't find this particular trailer anywhere, and I haven't seen it yet.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

ThisJustinOnline

I had no idea....popped up in my news feed and figured it was the new one :P My bad...

doctorwhoross

i am confused, is this the new console or a fan made build?!

Scarfwearer

It's a fan build, and not by someone here. Any photos of consoles from the show would be in the Reference section... :)

Crispin