Apr 20, 2024, 07:03 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

TARDIS at a petrol station in Hull?

Started by DoctorWho8, Jul 27, 2012, 06:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorWho8

Jul 27, 2012, 06:24 pm Last Edit: Oct 14, 2013, 04:09 pm by rassilonsrod
A girl named Breanna posted this on "Doctor Who and the TARDIS by Craig Hurle" on Facebook a pic of a Hull service station with a TARDIS police box by this.  I think I've seen it before from the podcast "Doctor Who: Podshock" a few years ago.  This is a screen cap from Google Maps.
242765_400974289959740_1869171781_o.jpg
I think this is a replica, not an actual Police Box.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

Mark

Wonder if it's still there?

Judging by the view I've just seen on streetview, it shows unleaded to be 112.9 per liter. If the box is still there and price is still the same,  I'll have a visit up there  ;D

galacticprobe

Jul 27, 2012, 11:23 pm #2 Last Edit: Jul 27, 2012, 11:25 pm by galacticprobe
Google Maps usually lags a few years behind with their images. Not sure why. That old skiff I was restoring had been at the historic house that owns it now for at least three years, yet Google Maps still showed it sitting in the back parking lot of the auto bodyshop where my living history group (who sold it to the House) stored it. Google Maps even showed my house with the car we'd sold four years earlier still sitting in our drive.

It would be interesting if someone who lives nearby the place could drive by and see if the box is still there.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

policephotobooth

Why not just call the service station and ask them?

I'm originally from Hull, I'll ask a relative to make a drive by if you like.

Philip.
Great scott it's a TARDIS

Fardels Bear

It's actually in York where I live - check the address - Hull Road, YORK.  Not sure if the Tardis is still there but there are currently two daleks and a cyberman on the roof. Always makes me smile when I drive past!
"Does he still have that rubbish beard?"

The Signalman

These I spotted on Hull Road (A1079), YORK.

The garage is not far from the B&Q and park and ride.Hull Road YORK.jpg2013-05-29 19.24.31.jpg2013-05-29 19.23.25.jpg2013-05-29 19.23.03.jpg

Rassilons Rod

With those cables around them, the Daleks remind me of the ones designed by Mechmaster :)

The Cyberman looks like he's wearing board shorts....
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

DoctorWho8

Oct 14, 2013, 04:06 pm #7 Last Edit: Oct 14, 2013, 04:35 pm by rassilonsrod
Nice to see that TARDIS still up.  It's been there for a number of years now. I think there is an existing thread around here somewhere.
P.S. Found the original thread!

EDIT: Link removed, both threads merged.

davidnagel

The box actually looks like the one Chris Hoyle built for his fan film series. It had been given to a friend to store. I could be completely wrong on that front though.
Regards
David

DoctorWho8

Quote from: davidnagel on Oct 14, 2013, 04:32 pm
The box actually looks like the one Chris Hoyle built for his fan film series. It had been given to a friend to store. I could be completely wrong on that front though.

Chris' TARDIS has the quarter round corner posts.  It about the same color.
7-DoctorC1.jpg

The Signalman

The box is still there, i saw it a few weeks ago.

drstanlaurel

Oct 08, 2021, 09:29 am #11 Last Edit: Oct 08, 2021, 09:32 am by drstanlaurel Reason: Didn't use quote properly!
I can sadly report the demise of this particular Projection Room box seen with Mr Hoyle (damn entropy!) Happily the owner is having a Matt Smith/Peter Capaldi version built, nearly completed!!