Mar 29, 2024, 06:37 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

More TARDISes than you can shake a stick at...

Started by DoctorWho8, Jul 20, 2012, 02:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rustymetaldog

Hey Timerotor, really pleased to see you're involved in setting up the displays again. The console room (80's) is my favourite exhibit, it just is soooo reminiscent of the classic series, and full of authentic bits.

Great roundels too ;)
Build high for happiness :)

timerotor

Quote from: rustymetaldog on Aug 01, 2012, 08:24 pm
Hey Timerotor, really pleased to see you're involved in setting up the displays again. The console room (80's) is my favourite exhibit, it just is soooo reminiscent of the classic series, and full of authentic bits.

Great roundels too ;)

Hey rustymetaldog! Great to hear from you.
Thanks for the compliment, and right back at you ;)
I hope you still get tons of pleasure from the roundels you made from copying mine (Rustymetaldog then gave me his mould - which was a great help in making my first batch of the 39 for the display). Infact I included one which you gave me - so you contributed to it too :-) yippeee!!!!

I'm also looking forward to going to see it again one day...  naturally when I worked there in London's Olympia, I began to take it for granted and as a 'job' I lost interest in it towards the end of the year and a bit run... But now It's moved to Cardiff, it's new(ish) and I am also a visitor... the magic's back I'm pleased to say!

Glad you're well, and hope to catch up soon mate.
All the best
MarkBH
living, learning, loving, refurbing, & preserving!

rustymetaldog

I hope you still get tons of pleasure from the roundels you made from copying mine (Rustymetaldog then gave me his mould - which was a great help in making my first batch of the 39 for the display). Infact I included one which you gave me - so you contributed to it too :-) yippeee!!!!

Definitely do mate, I need to re-work my interior TARDIS wall though now that we've moved house, I can make it even bigger than before!!!

And you know how pleased I am to have even contributed in the tiniest way to recreating what I think is the very core of classic WHO at The Experience, and love the chunky Longleat-esque roundel walls. It always bugged me that you never saw the tv roundels at any of the exhibitions, until now!

Thanks so much for being so wonderfully generous in the first place, who'd have guessed at the results that came out of it!

Catch up soon mate,

Andy

www.rustymetaldog.com
Build high for happiness :)

Rassilons Rod

Aug 04, 2012, 04:33 pm #33 Last Edit: Aug 30, 2012, 03:19 am by rassilonsrod
Quote from: timerotor on Aug 01, 2012, 09:35 am
Please may I ask that you don't ask me anything about the new series as I wasn't involved (much) & can not say a word either way. Thanks guys.  ;)
MBHIMG_1565.jpg

That's a fair request and one that I will respect, also I'm not much interested in spoilers (e.g. I would rather know about companion changes WITHIN the narrative.).

But what I will say is this. I LOVE that photo of TYJ and console :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

mechanoid

Aug 05, 2012, 04:03 am #34 Last Edit: Aug 05, 2012, 04:04 am by mechanoid
Anyone else notice the difference in the sign boxes? Or is it just an artefact of the image?

DoctorWho8

They are the same, just have shadows running over the one on the left side making it look different.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

galacticprobe

Aug 05, 2012, 05:51 am #36 Last Edit: Aug 05, 2012, 05:56 am by galacticprobe
What Bill said. It's what's called an "artifact" of the image. (Or in this case, an "artifact" of the image of the "artefact". ;D)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

lorisarvendu

Quote from: lorisarvendu on Aug 01, 2012, 02:17 pm
We will be going to Wales this Saturday, and coming home via Cardiff the following week, so I am going to do my damnedest to make sure we visit the Experience (and I've got the kids on my side, yay!).  I really want to see that YJ, it's so chunky I could just eat it up!  ;D

Sadly my daughter Amy caught a tummy bug on Friday and was up all night, so we couldn't stop off at Cardiff and had to come straight home.  :(  Talk about conflicted between being a Dad and a fan!  But of course we can go another time, and I only have one Amy, so as long as she gets better I don't mind...really...

timerotor

Quote from: lorisarvendu on Aug 11, 2012, 04:56 pm
Quote from: lorisarvendu on Aug 01, 2012, 02:17 pm
We will be going to Wales this Saturday, and coming home via Cardiff the following week, so I am going to do my damnedest to make sure we visit the Experience (and I've got the kids on my side, yay!).  I really want to see that YJ, it's so chunky I could just eat it up!  ;D

Sadly my daughter Amy caught a tummy bug on Friday and was up all night, so we couldn't stop off at Cardiff and had to come straight home.  :(  Talk about conflicted between being a Dad and a fan!  But of course we can go another time, and I only have one Amy, so as long as she gets better I don't mind...really...

You're a good Dad! and don't worry It's a permanent exhibition and unlike the TARDIS won't be disappearing anytime soon.

Best wishes,

MBH :)image-6-for-doctor-who-experience-gallery-359384230.jpg
living, learning, loving, refurbing, & preserving!

Lungman

Hey guys!

Just thinking how lucky you all are to be in such close proximity to the exhibition, unlike me here in Australia! I'm happy to know that the exhibition is permanent so, at least, it gives me something to save up for. Until then, I'll just keep on chipping away at my TARDIS console and hope it's as close to the real thing as possible! :)

mechanoid

Quote from: galacticprobe on Aug 05, 2012, 05:51 am
What Bill said. It's what's called an "artifact" of the image. (Or in this case, an "artifact" of the image of the "artefact". ;D)

Dino.

;)  It's a language thing Dino!

Thank you Bill and Dino. Infact looking at it again, I can see it quite clearly now! I must have not had my glasses on...or maybe I had had too many glasses!

Graham

therailwayman

I shall echo how wonderful it is to hear the exhibit is permanent, and not a "limited time" kind of thing!!!  :D

I will most definately be putting it on an itinerary of places to visit, if/whenever I finally get to hit the UK.

And, kudos to you, timerotor, for your contributions to your work on the "classic" console display. :D :D :D