Apr 19, 2024, 07:47 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

My TARDIS shed and Dalek

Started by einstein19, Jul 14, 2012, 08:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

einstein19

I built this Dalek about ten years ago. I this summer painted my 12 foot shed to look like a Tardis.
I hope everyone likes it.P1010015.JPGP1010015.JPG

galacticprobe

Jul 14, 2012, 10:36 pm #1 Last Edit: Jul 14, 2012, 10:38 pm by galacticprobe
This has definitely got to be a first. That shed painting and the police box panels is very innovative. I've never seen one like this before. It looks great! (Sort of a cross between the actual TARDIS, and one of the larger, modern Police Boxes we've seen photos of.) And you can easily fit a console inside it (provided it's not full of storage items, that it).

And the Dalek looks great as well. The Black Dalek: a Supreme Controller or Dalek Supreme depending on the era (according to "The Dalek Handbook" by Steve Tribe and James Goss). Don't let your guard down on that Dalek!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

DoctorWho8

Sweet! A proper shed TARDIS!
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

Theta Sigma

OMG!  I love this!  My shed needs painting, and I would love to do something like this!
"I just put 1.795372 & 2.204628 together." - 4th Doctor

b4dw0lf

I've now been tagged about 5 times on various pictures of your shed over on Facebook

Very nice job however....
Paul Bradford
Tech Manager, Ghost Hunters International (GHI),
SyFy Channel, USA.
http://www.syfy.com/ghi

http://facebook.com/GHIPaul
http://twitter.com/GHIPaul

wayne venomous

Someone's just posted this pic on my Facebook profile too!  ;D

galacticprobe

Jul 27, 2012, 11:14 pm #6 Last Edit: Jul 27, 2012, 11:15 pm by galacticprobe
This might be going "Facebook Viral". One of my wife's friends found this photo on the Doctor Who Facebook Newsfeed and 'liked' it, and because she's friends on my wife's Facebook list, it appeared on my wife's Facebook as well.

Then The Evil One saw it and now she wants to build a shed just like it. Can't say I blame her, though. It's really cool-looking.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

linkjrep

And this made the official Doctor Who tumblr!!! I found it on my best friend's tumblr as well! Congrats!

einstein19

I am very pleased with how much everyone seems to like my DALEK & TARDIS Shed.

Thank you for all of your comments.

Dennis Skowronski

DoctorWho8

Might want to take Seb up on his interview for Doctor Who Online.  It's a legit operation.  Been around for over 15 years.

galacticprobe

Jul 29, 2012, 06:36 am #10 Last Edit: Jul 29, 2012, 06:38 am by galacticprobe
I'd suggest possibly contacting Doctor Who Magazine as well as going with Bill's recommendation, but I don't know how that would work since DWM is in the UK. I think your shed would make a great article.

Dino.

DoctorWho8

Seb is in the UK. so doing both outlets would be good.