Apr 16, 2024, 04:07 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

First Build - Walk-in to Closet

Started by stickmanninjas, Jun 28, 2012, 08:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stickmanninjas

Jun 28, 2012, 08:19 pm Last Edit: Aug 18, 2012, 10:45 pm by Scarfwearer
So hey all! I am currently working on a build of the Tardis from 2005. I only have one support up so far as depicted below. But i thought I would just post this up! More advancements will be made most likely after 2 weeks cause I'm going to a camp, and then to Philadelphia! So I will update when I get back!

[EDIT] I will most likely get the entire frame up on Saturday with the help of some friends!

0628121609.jpg0628121609a.jpg

stickmanninjas

Jul 01, 2012, 11:48 am #1 Last Edit: Aug 03, 2012, 01:58 am by stickmanninjas
So we got maybe 90% done yesterday! We tore down the initial structure as we began to plan differently.
Doors: 0630122107.jpg

Side panel: 0630122105.jpg
As you can see the panel is built a little over halfway. It will appear to be built into my wall, if anyone is interested.

Corner: 0630122106.jpg
Again, notice there is only one corner. We are inserting this in the corner parallel to the wall beside the closet. And put a 2x4 up on the adjacent side to make it look the same.

The rest is just simple cutting and sizing in my room, as we built this at a different house. I think the few last big things would probably be the "police box" sign, the paint, and the roof. And then we just add hinges, a door handle, and a lock. Sadly we had to scratch the double doorway. The way we built it would possibly let us do this, but it would be extremely hard to lock to keep it from swinging all the time

stickmanninjas

Jul 09, 2012, 04:51 pm #2 Last Edit: Aug 03, 2012, 01:59 am by stickmanninjas
Hey all! I've just gotten back from a week away, and finally got the frame up almost all the way.
Sadly, as I've said before, no double hinges, as we are putting the hinges on the insed of the supports.
I'm again going on another trip, so I will post an update later next week.

Tar.jpg
dis.jpg

stickmanninjas

Jul 24, 2012, 02:00 pm #3 Last Edit: Aug 03, 2012, 02:00 am by stickmanninjas
Hey all! We got up the doors and we put in the windows. The windows were extremely hard to put in! The material we used was two diffusers from a TV, but they looked similar to Plexiglas, if not even Plexiglas, so that saved us a bunch of money! We are currently working on the doors and lock. We got a lock that has a triangle shape to it, so the left door (if facing the Tardis)can be pushed open >.<. We intend to put a latch type of lock on the top of the door so that only one door opens and then you can unlatch the other for the other door to open. Any suggestions are accepted! Next we are going to build the room, but sadly my ceiling isn't tall enough to allow for the lamp on top!!! :( We are still discussing and seeing if there is a way though. But without further ado, the pictures

fini.jpg
shed.jpg

DoctorWho8

Maybe embed magnetic latches to the underside and the top of the left door so it will stay in place until you put enough pressure on it to disengage the magnets?
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

stickmanninjas

Jul 29, 2012, 10:51 pm #5 Last Edit: Aug 03, 2012, 02:07 am by stickmanninjas
Hey all again! We got all the woodwork built, so now onto the odds and ends to work on! The paint, the framing for the window, and electricity. My friend works with banners and such, so he might give me a good deal for the "Police public call box" signs! We figured out a solution to the doors problem. We inserted (picture 3) a small block, which can be pulled out when on the interior side of the box. Any suggestions to type of paint and such will be much appreciated! :) A shout out to Bill "the doctor" for helping us out with the door! Even though we didn't use his idea, it helped us figure out what we needed! So thanks a bunch!
0728121939.jpg
0728121940.jpg
0728121940a.jpg

warmcanofcoke

Nice progress - its shaping up quite nicely from the photos. Can't wait to see it when its finished
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

stickmanninjas

Aug 02, 2012, 09:28 pm #7 Last Edit: Aug 09, 2012, 08:53 pm by Scarfwearer
Hey all! Just got finished with painting, and it looks really nice! I was surprised how well the paint turned out on the wood (primed of course :p). The last touches are going to be the "police public call box" on top, the window dividers, and the electricity. We are going to try to install lights and sounds for the Tardis. Thanks for all of the followers!
finis.jpg
hed.jpg

stickmanninjas

Aug 03, 2012, 01:32 am #8 Last Edit: Aug 03, 2012, 02:09 am by stickmanninjas
Just some pictures of me messing around with my Doctor Who stuff haha
image 2.jpg
image.jpg

stickmanninjas

Hello once again! No pictures this time, but I thought I should keep y'all upadated. I recently invested in a spring lock to take the place of the block of wood used to keep the door closed. I've also gotten a hot glue gun to glue the pieces of woode to make a window! I also have gotten the supplies to put electricity into my space. Now all I need is a free day! Thanks everyone for the comments and support!

stickmanninjas

Sep 14, 2012, 01:34 am #10 Last Edit: Oct 15, 2012, 08:42 pm by Scarfwearer
Hey all! I've been quite busy with school, and just got time today to fix up a few spots! I've added a spring lock i can push and release with my foot and with ease. I also have added half of the frames for my windows. It's not much, but it's coming together very well!

Tardis.jpgTardis1.jpg

davidnagel

Now doesn't that look rather splendid. All you builders make the process look so easy sometimes :)
Regards
David

warmcanofcoke

Very Nice build  :D Coming along splendidly! Keep up the good work!
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

stickmanninjas

Thanks for all the encouragement! :)

stickmanninjas

Oct 02, 2012, 01:08 am #14 Last Edit: Oct 02, 2012, 01:08 am by stickmanninjas
Finally! I have an update!
Last night I got the "Police Public Call Box" sign up on the top boxes (as you can see). I am now focusing on getting my horizontal pieces of wood cut for the finishing touch! And the last thing I need to do is get my light bulb up and running. So thank you all for the journey you've helped me have :p

Doctor who Tardios.jpg