Apr 20, 2024, 05:34 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

TARDIS Provided By Quantum Mechanix

Started by DoctorWho8, May 18, 2012, 12:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorWho8

May 18, 2012, 12:46 am Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 04:13 pm by DoctorWho8
So if you haven't heard of Craig Ferguson's Scotland Week this week, he had a full-sized TARDIS for the first show.

Of course it was the Matt Smith model, all nice and proper.

At the end of the show, it's credited that the TARDIS was provided by Quantum Mechanix.

Based on a conversation I had, that TARDIS I believe was Phil W's/Rebelscum's excellent build.  I think he sold it to QMx because they liked it so much, they wanted to use it for promo purposes.  And now it's been used on National Television and mad a trip overseas.  So if it's Phil's old TARDIS, congrats!
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

galacticprobe

May 18, 2012, 06:17 am #1 Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 06:18 am by galacticprobe
HA! If that is indeed Phil's box, then that's my St. John logo I sent him on the door! My 15 seconds of fame.

(I wonder how much in royalties Craig Ferguson had to pay for that little stunt.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

superrichi1a

The one in the studio does indeed look like his - it has that characterisitc thinner base and lighter shade due to it's Tennant origins. Not sure about theother one at the end though, that rematerialises outside, the base on that looks much bigger, and it looks an awful lot more tatty than the one in the studios and Phil's excelent build (not that tatty is necessarily a bad thing!).
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

DoctorWho8

It's possible they were lent a TARDIS prop by the BBC.  It'd be cheaper than shipping, but then the BBC would have been credited for a prop too.  Maybe that deal was in secret.

DoctorWho8

Just asked Phil over at RPF, he checked with qMX, and they confirmed that his old box was used on LA and the one in Scotland was a BBC prop.  So there we go!

mobius

It's always a matter of time...