Previous topic - Next topic

warmcanofcoke

Apr 11, 2012, 01:17 am Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 03:09 am by warmcanofcoke
Look what I found in the trash
DSC08830.jpg

I'm thinking
boat.jpg

now to decide if it is worth it.
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

galacticprobe

Apr 11, 2012, 05:52 am #1 Last Edit: Apr 11, 2012, 05:54 am by galacticprobe
A full-scale prop from "The Pirate Planet"! The question is not if it's worth it, but do you have the room to store it?

(I'd love it just for the boatness of it, but if you can modify it into a replica of the prop pictured and have a place for it, I'd say go for it!)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

warmcanofcoke

Apr 11, 2012, 11:53 am #2 Last Edit: Apr 11, 2012, 11:59 am by warmcanofcoke
after much reflection, with a heavy heart, I reluctantly have come to the decision that of all the Doctor Who related props I wish to own, the Pirate Planet Skimmer is the lowest on my list. I also didn't have a boat trailer to put it on to get it home, or a small army of slaves to load it. I had the option, and I am grateful. I did manage to descend on the boat with a hack saw, a wrench, vice-grips, and my pocket knife and took home the windshield, switches, buttons, gauges, moorings, levers, and nautical lights (Pictures to follow) - which would go very well on a Tardis Console (well maybe not the windshield)- also found a Nerf Gun "Buzzsaw" I think I can steam punk ...  ;D

galacticprobe

Apr 12, 2012, 02:48 pm #3 Last Edit: Apr 12, 2012, 02:48 pm by galacticprobe
I just noticed that boat has a New York registry number on it. Which part of NY was this in? (I grew up in NYC so I'm curious.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

warmcanofcoke

Apr 13, 2012, 02:29 am #4 Last Edit: Apr 13, 2012, 02:37 am by warmcanofcoke
Rochester NY in Monroe County

some of the spoils of war:
IMG_1045.jpg
IMG_1043.jpg

galacticprobe

Apr 13, 2012, 04:05 am #5 Last Edit: Apr 13, 2012, 04:05 am by galacticprobe
Not bad spoils, especially with the light housing and compass. Even that (Hadley, is it?) Air Horns button could be useful.

Rochester... a bit of a drive from NYC. The last time I was in the area was back in '72, so it's been a while.

Dino.