TVM Viewscreen build

Started by deck5, Apr 10, 2012, 05:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

deck5

A weekend knock-together.

tardisdisplay3.jpg

fivefingeredstyre

Blimey... That looks incredible...  :o

Is it a flat or is it full sized... Does the screen work?

deck5

Thanks!  It's just the front, at the moment. Couple of inches deep.  Don't know if I'll build the entire thing; it'd be large, and I'd have to find somewhere to put it.  The screen works, yes!

Rassilons Rod

In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

the mister

museumdave

Great work!

Are you going to keep going past the front?

Awesome
"I could retire and be the curator of this place,"  the 11th doctor or maybe the 12th?

deck5

Thanks -- not sure yet!  Got to find a place suitable for displaying it if I do.  As it is, it can hang on the wall.

warmcanofcoke

Really Well Done! if you're taking a vote I say build the whole box. Looks amazing!
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

DoctorWho8

Cool beans.  I think the 8th Doctor console guys wouldn't mind using yours as a template to make a replica themselves.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

The14thDr

Sorry to ressurect an old thread, deck5, but do you happen to still have this prop? If so, could you please post just the height and width of the viewscreen?
The reason I ask is because I'd really like to build this monitor for my console room, and yours is the most accurate replica I've seen.

Kind regards, The14thDr :D
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

deck5

Sure; what do you mean by the 'viewscreen' -- the actual CRT part?

The14thDr

Sorry, I should have clarified that bit. :P I meant the overall size (including all the frame, etc.) From that I should be able to extrapolate all of the other measurements. :)

Kind regards, The14thDr :D
"Would you like a jelly baby?"