Apr 20, 2024, 11:41 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Jason's Tomb Of The Cyberman Cybermat

Started by 13drwho, Mar 25, 2012, 02:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

13drwho

I have been slowly making props from all the Doctor's for my TARDIS room, many of them are already on display. This on is the SMALL cybermat as seem in Tomb Of The Cybermen. It is the one that Jamie thinks is a fossil, until it starts attacking people!

It was sculpted out of Sculpy clay, then a silicon rubber mold was made. It was cast out of a two part plastic and detailed. Going back to the reference images from the episode I think it's a little over-sized. I will probably re-sculpt it smaller. In the captures from the episode it fits in the palm of Jamie's hand, mine is probably an inch to an inch and a half too big. Take a look and let me know what you think.

2nd doctor cybermat.jpg

ehekkert

Mar 25, 2012, 07:17 pm #1 Last Edit: Mar 25, 2012, 07:19 pm by ehekkert
Quote from: 13drwho on Mar 25, 2012, 02:46 amIn the captures from the episode it fits in the palm of Jamie's hand

vlcsnap-2010-08-24-22h36m49s69.png
Quotations   It's not how many years you've lived, Will... but how you've lived them.

Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. But maybe time is also a companion who goes with us on our journey, and reminds us to cherish the moments of our lives... because they will never come again.

We are after all only mortal.

Rassilons Rod

In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

13drwho

Thank you! I think it came out pretty well. Because there is nothing in the picture to judge scale you can't tell that it's a little off.