The Jason's 13th Doctor Console (panel 1 remodel complete!!)

Started by 13drwho, Mar 13, 2012, 02:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

galacticprobe

Jan 15, 2013, 06:04 am #120 Last Edit: Jan 15, 2013, 06:05 am by galacticprobe
The Jason, thanks for the info. That bayonet lamp holder is a really neat-looking component, especially knowing that it's got some 'Knight Rider' lights going on it. It must look especially nice when it's running (big fan of 'Knight Rider' as well - both original and the 2008 version; too bad the network didn't give the 2008 series more of a chance: liked 'TKR' as well especially for its humor).

I really can't wait to see this baby up and running now! Everything is looking great and the color scheme works very well.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

13drwho

I have shifted my focus to the console time rotor. I have collected interesting looking clear junk, and some acrylic dowel rods. I have laid out the innards and test fitted it to get an idea how it looks. I took a picture to post. Keep in mind nothing is secured and the lighting is not going to be ready for about a month. I just wanted to get a feel for how the peices looked together. My time rotor is going to have to be small, so I went with a stripped down, simple design. Please take a look and let me know what you think.

time rotor progress, internals test fit.jpg

museumdave

Jan 22, 2013, 02:55 am #122 Last Edit: Jan 22, 2013, 02:58 am by museumdave
Hello The Jason,

this console is looking Great!  I really love the way this has come together and I love your transparent bits of stuff! ;D

I had one small thought about layout- just an idea- for what it is worth.

Of course I don't know how large your rotor workings are and how it will fit into your beautiful console, but maybe if you were to take those cool looking red acrylic rods and place them sort of in between the wild clear tube things- it might give your rotor a bit of that classic series vibe.
from the top sort of like this?it is only a thought.gif

As I say only a thought do with it as you will.

Loving the build- thank you for sharing your inspirational work

Cheers

Dave
"I could retire and be the curator of this place,"  the 11th doctor or maybe the 12th?

13drwho

Actually, that thought had occurred to me too. To be honest, I'm not sure what I showed will fit in the acrylic tube I'm ordering. So the pattern you're recommending is definitely an option. It will really come down to how everything fits and looks in the actual tube. Thank you for your input, and your kind words.

The Jason

the mister

I love it! everything about this console is so neat and terrific.

13drwho

Mister, thank you very much!! I have been collecting stuff for this console forever. It's nice when the junk I saved looks good together. I just received the acrylic tube that is the outside of the time rotor. I'm hoping to have the rotor done by the end of February. Here's hoping.

davidnagel

Regards
David

13drwho

davidnagel Thank you for your kind comments. This community has been really supportive and I've learned so much here. Thank you

13drwho

Feb 06, 2013, 12:01 am #128 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2013, 12:39 am by 13drwho
Just completed a major step. The Time Rotor is complete. It doesn't move but it has a cool lighting effect.

So three panels plus the Time Rotor gives the illusion of a full console from the doorway into the room. It does give a good feel for how it's going to look complete. I am very proud of it so far, and I'm pretty confident I'll have it done by this Halloween!!!! Take a look and let me know what you think!!!!!

console progress, halfway point 0.jpg

console progress, halfway point 2.jpg

console progress, halfway point 1.jpg

warmcanofcoke

Jason, she is a magnificent Lady  ;D
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

galacticprobe

Feb 06, 2013, 02:23 am #130 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2013, 02:24 am by galacticprobe
I agree with Nate. That is a really beautiful console. (Between this one and type55tardis's console, and the space I have to work with, I'm seriously reconsidering how I'm going to do my build. ???)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

museumdave

AWESOME!
Very well done sir! 
You should be very pleased- that time rotor looks like the real deal.

Cheers

M.D.
"I could retire and be the curator of this place,"  the 11th doctor or maybe the 12th?

Theta Sigma

Very nice indeed!  I'd better not let my kid see this, or else I'm going to end up having to build one of this size too!
"I just put 1.795372 & 2.204628 together." - 4th Doctor

museumdave

Awwwwwwww Theta Sigmaaaaaaa you should build one for your kids PLlllllleeeeeaaaaasssseee!!!
pleasepleasepleaseplease....

13drwho

Thank you so much for all your compliments. I'm taking a little break from the console and cleaning up the room. Part of that is hanging some props I built that hadn't been put out yet. I'm already planning the 4th panel, but I probably won't start till March because I have a sculpting commission.