Apr 27, 2024, 03:36 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

help with lamp housing

Started by whitestar2010, Mar 01, 2012, 08:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

whitestar2010

Purchased this lens from an antiques shop for just £2!  :)

lens.jpgAll good, except I really wanted it to construct a full size police box lamp with it, and its too wide & too short (7"x4.5") for a real police box lens which is 6x6 I believe. Any clever ideas of how I can fool the eye into thinking its more the correct side on profile when building my lamp housing? I also want to keep to the three ring look above and below the centre curve of the lens. Impossible task? I've been looking forever for a 6X6 lens for a reasonable price and no luck.  :'(

timerotor

Mar 02, 2012, 12:23 am #1 Last Edit: Mar 02, 2012, 12:24 am by timerotor
Hi pal, if you're looking for suggestions how to make the lamp housing - for this lamp the classic way Tom Baker era, you should check out my 'easy' method on the tutorial section, maybe you will see it's as "easy as pie"(cringe)  :P
If you want the Matt Smith version, well.... GOOD LUCK!!!! LOL
MBH timerotor
TYJTardisLamp.jpg
IMG_1833-1.jpg
living, learning, loving, refurbing, & preserving!

whitestar2010

Cheers  :) Didn't realise there was such a section here - this place is massive! Think I might try sitting my lens on a disk of wood the same size, to try to raise the height a wee bit. Should give me the look I'm after then.

Mark

Or you cut cut yourself a couple of bits of clear plastic or some sort which would then look like the straight bits at the bottom and top of the lens?