News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Another Australian Hybrid

Started by mulla, Jan 05, 2012, 03:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

eddyc

Fantastic Work!

I'd love to drop by for a Sonic Screwdriver :D

Or a Vortex manipulator....  A Tacion Rift?...

Ok, just set up a pint!

DoctorWho8

Wonderful.  It blends the 1996 prop with the 1980's prop.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

Rassilons Rod

In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

willfleming

That's one Kick A$$ Tardis... Sweeeeeeeeet
Will
HUGE Doctor Who,GHI,GH and Torchwood fan

Tempus Fugit

I think that this is the most pleasing TARDIS prop I've seen in quite some considerable time. The dims, the colour, the damn loveliness of the thing, not to mention the exuberance of the builder. Plato's TARDIS! If my forthcoming build turns out as good as this I'll be more than happy. Excellent work! This is very much the best of all my favourite props.

mulla

Jul 08, 2012, 11:46 pm #50 Last Edit: Jul 08, 2012, 11:56 pm by mulla
Wow, I am humbled by all your comments! The thing has been well received by all who have seen it, but I thought that was because the viewing came with free booze!  

I suppose it's something that always happens but everytime I look at the box all i see are the mistakes I made. So positive comments are always something of a surprise!

It's been in operation now for a few weeks now, and I've got to say the most pleasing part is how it actually functions as a bar. There can be few things as folly as a life size replica of a TV show prop in your back garden (Nothing wrong with follies by the way)- so to give it a very real and practical use has been the most pleasing part for me! I'm guessing but I'd say the most common question TARDIS builders get asked is "WHY?" - In order to answer this question I simply open the bar doors!

I have to give a NOD to POD (user on this site)  because I've nicked the term "BARDIS" from his build. and now it's stuck!

Still no guesses on what I'm planning to do with the bar stools?

deck5

Quote from: mulla on Jul 08, 2012, 11:46 pmStill no guesses on what I'm planning to do with the bar stools?

Dalek bases?

mulla

In One Deck!  they really are crying out for it aren't they?

deck5

madwomanwithboxshower

Very nice! Love the mirror and the lights and everything.
MW (Noelle)

a_blue_box_in_oz

mobius

It's always a matter of time...

torktomelson

This is wonderful!  It's makes me extremely happy to see something executed so well.