News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

TARDIS Console-type room in Discovery Museum in Newcastle

Started by DoctorWho8, Jan 02, 2012, 05:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne venomous

Jan 02, 2012, 07:09 pm #1 Last Edit: Jan 02, 2012, 07:18 pm by wayne venomous
How could I have forgotten about that?!

I'm not sure it's there anymore as the Discovery museum has been heavily remodelled and I haven't seen it on recent visits (the place has been remodelled so much, it's difficult to tell where it originally was!) It was part of an old TV theme tune trivia game, although it seemed to break down quite a lot - I recall it had to "rewind" at the end of the game before you could play again.

I could be mistaken though as the last few times I've been there have been with a mad over-excited toddler who wanted to mainly play with the boat science section so I didn't quite get to see every section.

By the way, this was taken at Newcastle Discovery Museum last year:

DoctorWho8

Nice!  At least they didn't set off the fire alarms. :D  The picture I found dates back to 2009.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

greatwazoo42

I hope it's still around.  If not I hope it ended up in the hands of a collector instead of broken up and tossed in the trash.  That would be tragic.

greatwazoo42

That little boy is wearing the same expression I'd probably be wearing if I were at the controls.   ;D

Mark

did they get bored of making controls, levers and buttons for it?

robhowdle

I have seen this, I went to meet a couple of friends from Newcastle and they told me Doctor Who was at the Discovery Center. I was a bit confused and there it was. All that console does is it has the basic shape but it just has a couple of buttons that play the TARDIS sounds and the Doctor Who theme. It's nothing remarkable but its still good fun to look at :)

Rob
You make the whole of time and space your back yard and what do you have, a back yard... I can't see it anymore but you can, and when you see it I see it - Matt Smith, 11th Doctor