Mar 29, 2024, 06:10 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Daybreak

Started by jammiedodger, Oct 26, 2011, 06:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jammiedodger

A Doctor Who prop collector has just featured on ITV's Daybreak. Wondered if it was anybody on the forum?

timerotor

Yeah, I saw that too, very interesting seeing as Day break are also running a piece on The Doctor Who Experience as part of  either their 'what to do with your kids on Half Term'  slot OR as a halloween special so keep an eye out!
Regarding the enthusiast on this mornings slot for 'hoarders and collectors' ...Judging from the EX-Longleat Exhibition console in the house and the vast collection of stuff it can only be PETERDALEK, yes he is a member here! ;)
quite the CHAMPION FAN of FANDOM! I was astonished!
cool, if you read this Peter, you did very well, I was shouting the answer to your question "what were Tom Baker's Last words on the show?" - I think you just had a block, cos you KNEW didn't you ;) such fun!
All the best.

MBH
living, learning, loving, refurbing, & preserving!

riftmaster

has anybody got a link to the clip?

superrichi1a

Hahahaha, I love the bit when Peter's daughter arkwardley tells how she thinks her dad is obsessed. We all have stories like that don't we? My mother is perhaps the world's biggest perprtrator of that crime, whenever I'm up at my parent's house with friends it's all "Yes, he's obsessed really. Don't be fooled... he's actually a geek!", but whenever I'm not around her favourite topic to talk about with her friends is how her garden has a TARDIS in, and how amazing it is to have something so unique. Height of hypocrisy, eh? :)

Amasing collection of props there, Peter, you really should show off more!
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

galacticprobe

Oct 27, 2011, 04:23 pm #5 Last Edit: Oct 27, 2011, 04:23 pm by galacticprobe
Outstanding interview, Peter! (Don't worry about that moment of "memory dump" - it happens to all of us at one time or another. We know the answer like the back of our hand, but as soon as someone asks us the question, our mind goes blank; no explanation for it.)

And that console has certainly found a wonderful home among your fabulous collection. Great job all round! (And now I feel so inadequate. Must find... way... to collect more 'Who' stuff :P!)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

peterdalek

Oct 28, 2011, 12:41 am #6 Last Edit: Oct 28, 2011, 12:43 am by peterdalek
Thanks Guys,

Yes I totally kicked myself about Tom's last words in Logopolis. I was under a lot of pressure, I had 2 hours sleep, the crew arrived at 4.45 in the morning and I had to wear that suit, remember what I was supposed to say, make sure I came in on cue, remember to shut the door behind me as instructed whilst having a smoke machine blow smoke in my face.

It was a lot of fun though, I had a call from Meridian Tonight asking if I could be filmed for their evening show so they turned up at midday and left at 2.30pm. And then the local paper came round at 4pm, as you can imagine I slept well that night I was exhausted.

Anyway here is the video for the Meridian Tonight News item:

Peter