Mar 29, 2024, 01:38 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Tardis Lower Floor

Started by riftmaster, Jan 25, 2011, 06:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

riftmaster

Does anybody have any good pictures of the 'orb' on the lower floor of the 2010 tardis?

Thanks,
Daniel

the doctor who2

Feb 08, 2011, 08:14 pm #1 Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 02:11 pm by Scarfwearer
Well i've managed to get these couple of screenshoots of the globe hopefully they should be of some help until some clearer ones crop up,

S5_Console_Room_11.jpg

S5_Console_Room_14.jpg

and theres this one of the underside of the floor,

S5_Console_Room_13.jpg
"There's no point being GROWN UP if you can't be CHILDISH sometimes!"

The Fourth Doctor - Robot, S12 E01

galacticprobe

Feb 09, 2011, 06:55 am #2 Last Edit: Feb 09, 2011, 06:56 am by galacticprobe
There is also water in that hole around the bottom globe. I remember seeing in the "TARDIS Tour" video that they put water, with some coloring added to it, in the hole to simulate the rotor cooling fluid. I don't know if they've got a pump or anything that runs the water over the globe, like one of those desk fountain bubblers, but there is definitely water in that hole. So I would think one of those small, round garden pond-type things for holding the water. They're usually black so that saves on painting. (That is, if you're going full scale on this.)

And those lights look like standard eight-foot fluorescent tubes with green/blue filter sleeves over them.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Elvis Gump

Looking at all that steel holding the whole thing up I wonder what the conversation was like with the guys they brought in to weld it all.

"You want us to build a WHAT?"

the mister

the holes scare me. i'd hate to fall down one

galacticprobe

Oct 25, 2011, 03:41 pm #5 Last Edit: Oct 25, 2011, 03:42 pm by galacticprobe
Those holes have visible "floors" in them, and they aren't very deep. They also appear to be dry, unlike the large hole directly below the console, which has colored water in it.

Has anyone noticed if someone had walked through (stepped in) one of those holes in any of the episodes? I'll have to go back and watch them all again now. (Yeah, like that's torture. ;D)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

riftmaster

i haven't noticed anyone do that (and I have studied all of the appearances of the tardis (for my build))

riftmaster