Apr 18, 2024, 07:02 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

M.D.s console

Started by museumdave, Oct 20, 2011, 03:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FloppyDiskNinja

Jan 19, 2013, 05:30 am #330 Last Edit: Jan 19, 2013, 05:30 am by FloppyDiskNinja
Quote from: museumdave on Jan 11, 2013, 02:26 am

here is one in a rough fit test.rim in place.JPG

Can I just say that after all my research into that rheostat and its complexness,  the one that you have made looks perfect!!!

museumdave

Jan 19, 2013, 03:49 pm #331 Last Edit: Jan 19, 2013, 03:53 pm by museumdave
Thanks Lachie- I appreciate it!- truth be told it needs a bit of work- I need a better threaded rod to work the cross slide, but I really appreciate your comment and support!

Here are a couple of images of the rim sections before sanding.6 rim sections rough.JPG

These bits have already been very useful as a rabbit arena!rabit ring.JPGrim +rabit.JPG
Any how- I am hoping there will be time today to sand all of these and then we can look at the finish.

More soon
Cheers

Dave
"I could retire and be the curator of this place,"  the 11th doctor or maybe the 12th?

warmcanofcoke

Magnificent work. As always I love your work on this project. and I think a rabbit is a perfect way to show scale in a picture. If we lived closer I could see us all sharing a few cans and working on this classic - like how buddies get together to work on a car.
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

museumdave

Jan 19, 2013, 05:45 pm #333 Last Edit: Jan 19, 2013, 07:06 pm by Scarfwearer
Quote from: warmcanofcoke on Jan 19, 2013, 05:14 pm
If we lived closer I could see us all sharing a few cans and working on this classic - like how buddies get together to work on a car.

I would love that Nate.  I always wanted to build one of those!  it would be great to work on one-  It is a little bit of a haul - but at some point we should get together.

thanks for the encouragement
Cheers

Dave
"I could retire and be the curator of this place,"  the 11th doctor or maybe the 12th?

galacticprobe

Jan 20, 2013, 05:59 am #334 Last Edit: Jan 20, 2013, 06:00 am by galacticprobe
Speechless, M.D.! Simply speechless!

(Well, other than ENVY! ;D)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

FloppyDiskNinja

Jan 20, 2013, 06:24 am #335 Last Edit: Jan 20, 2013, 06:25 am by FloppyDiskNinja
Has the doctor ever had a pet? Because a rabbit would be kinda cool... hehe, it is looking awesome MD i am amazed!
love it

like I said: Awesome.

-FloppyDiskNinja

ThisJustinOnline

Been awhile since I saw this thread...looks amazing!! Fantastic totally! I hope to be able to see it when its done for sure!!

the mister

excellent work! finally it will have rims, yay! also very cute bunny ^_^

atomicgraph

wow this is gonna look so good once they're in place.

museumdave

Greetings fellow time travellers!

Thank you all for your encouraging comments!  It is very motivating, assuring and appreciated;D

Primrodo, I would love to get together and play show and tell sometime :)- I am actually still thinking it might be cool to take this beast to the big Who thing in Toronto in November..... I think you said you know one of the organizers???

any how- as I write this Quick update, I am realizing that I have left the camera cord at my parents place.  So no pics until later, but hopfully there will be one or two later tonight.

The rim segments are all sanded.  I have gone over the main body of each with a thin skim coat of caulking and then scratched in large crackle marks (in the style of series 1-2.5 style crackle not later).

after test fitting and scrutinizing some reference photos from this site I trimmed about 3/8 of an inch of the bottom section of each rim segment.  They all fit much better now and seem more proportionate to the screen used one.  There will still need to be a little fine tuning where the rim bits meet the arms/ribs,  and of course painting. 

More soon.

Thanks again

Dave

museumdave

Jan 23, 2013, 01:15 am #340 Last Edit: Jan 23, 2013, 01:16 am by museumdave
Here is a quick snap of the rim roughly in place.

rough fit rim.JPG

It is funny how it changes the look of the thing particularly if you are looking at it square on or at an angle or from above or bellow.

thanks for looking

Dave

ThisJustinOnline

Quote from: museumdave on Jan 22, 2013, 08:21 pm
Primrodo, I would love to get together and play show and tell sometime :)- I am actually still thinking it might be cool to take this beast to the big Who thing in Toronto in November..... I think you said you know one of the organizers???

I do, and I am on the convention committee. We'd love to have it there for sure! If its something you want to do then I can set you up!

atomicgraph

ahh it makes everything look more solid. fantastic build you've got there. as always i look forward to the updates

kiwidoc

That's looking great!!

galacticprobe

Jan 23, 2013, 06:35 am #344 Last Edit: Jan 23, 2013, 06:36 am by galacticprobe
M.D., I can only echo what everyone has already said, and of course add...
ENVY! ;) :) :D ;D

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"