Apr 27, 2024, 03:17 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

irwin's tardis

Started by irwin, Sep 18, 2011, 12:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

irwin

ok, you've convinced me...

I'm taking the low energy route and have made a laser printer printout and will see how this goes with some PVA. Pics and results to follow (will be at TAFE on THU so a couple of days wait yet)...

irwin

I thought I'd entertain you with some interior pics. The lights are not too bad. I've had some issues with working out voltage and current supply but have got it so that the lights run for several hours now without anything smoking or burning down. Really channelling Pertwee here.

IMG_0750 (Large).JPGIMG_0757 (Large).JPGIMG_0758 (Large).JPGIMG_0759 (Large).JPG

irwin

In my head, I couldn't really conceive when I started of a point when the TARDIS would be done. Now however, my fortuitous forgetting of the St John's logo when I had the other signs made up has lent me the signal for completion. I was tossing up whether to actually include it or not but since the design is (mostly) based on the 1963 pilot prop, St John's logo it had to be.

And so, the crowning moment.

IMG_0762 (Large).JPGIMG_0763 (Large).JPGIMG_0764 (Large).JPGIMG_0765 (Large).JPGIMG_0766 (Large).JPG

irwin

I could spend a bit of time tinkering, but I'm going to call it a day. There's still some considerations as to location and some other displays but in the meantime here's some arty lit shots.

IMG_0751 (Large).JPGIMG_0753 (Large).JPGIMG_0754 (Large).JPGIMG_0755 (Large).JPG

DoctorWho8

These shots remind of Turn Left when the TARDIS had cables hooked up to it.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

galacticprobe

Mar 02, 2012, 07:15 pm #95 Last Edit: Mar 02, 2012, 07:18 pm by galacticprobe
That is a beautiful build you've done! The 'Pilot' TARDIS: so pristine. I love it. (And is that the St. John logo I sent you on the door? It looks really cool!)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

irwin

It certainly is! Thanks again for your helpful advice & assistance.

irwin

Long time no post. Cleaning up my laptop in prep for new hard drives and I thought I'd post some after pics.

Here's a couple from when I noticed my TARDIS dematerialising out of my shed...IMG_5206.jpgIMG_5205-copy.jpg

russellsuthern

That is one awesome box.
I especially love the windows.
If mine ends up looking half that good I'll be over the moon!

Russell

russellsuthern

BTW: Where are you going to put the girl? Such a beautiful creation needs good surroundings to set if off to its best!

Russ

irwin

Cheers!

It is where it finished up - from the TAFE shed into my shed. It took a forklift to get it onto a car trailer. It weighs around 300kg and is pretty solid. Subconsciously I didn't want a rickety wobbly prop! I drove home at 60km/h for fear of losing her off the trailer (hills and sharp bends). And it took 4 blokes to get it off and (dimensional anomaly) had to tilt it to get it under my shed door.

I thought about an outdoors setting and might still do, but would need to organise environment protection as we get pretty fierce sun, wind, rain,...

Also briefly contemplated it as a front gate ornament and may do when I raise my estimation of the human race.

IMG_3758.jpgIMG_3779.jpgIMG_3785.jpg

galacticprobe

Dec 18, 2014, 04:57 am #101 Last Edit: Dec 18, 2014, 04:57 am by galacticprobe
That smile is well earned! She is a beauty: no denying that. And as Russell said, when I finally get around to building mine, if she turns out to be half as good as yours, I'll be over - well - some planet! (Didn't want to completely copy you with that one, Russell. ;))

Although, the way my back is, things are starting to look more like "if" rather than "when", but I'm keeping hopes up!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Volpone

The parking spot has a nice combination of Foreman's Scrapyard/U.N.I.T. H.Q. going for it.  Looks right at home there.  But it is neat to see her on the road.  I can relate to the grin on your(?) face--and imagine you caused more than a few during the drive. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

irwin

Pertwee's tardis in the corner is the best I can offer right now