Apr 19, 2024, 01:18 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The 11th Doctor Console build

Started by youmika, Aug 22, 2011, 06:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

youmika

Oct 17, 2011, 06:57 pm #30 Last Edit: Oct 18, 2011, 03:53 am by youmika
And here it is. I just picked it up. Had to drive 100kms for it, but hey it was only ten bucks!
171020112507.jpg

And yes you've guessed it, it's a His Masters Voice.

171020112508.jpg

The most prominent thing for me to get now is the Ford Fiesta break fluid thingy... let's get searching!
Bartender says: "We don't serve Timelords in this establishment."
Timelord steps into a Bar.

rocket

Very nice, this is gonna be an awesome console.
Farewell Sarah Jane, you will be missed.

the mister

wow you actually got one of those record players! and for $10? amazing! this console looks like it's shaping up very well. It's very exciting, I can't wait to see it finished!

youmika

Yes, only 10 euros  :o. All the way over to the house I kept thinking they were going to open the door and say they made a mistake and it was supposed to be 100 euros (which is the usual price they go for). A bit of luck and 'right place, right time' goes a long way ;-).

anakin starkiller

Your build looks great so far.  You wouldn't be interested in sharing any of your measurements would you?

-best

Dan

museumdave

This looks wonderfull.  Great carpentry - all those angles- my mind is swimming

Great bits and Bobs..
cheers

M.D.
"I could retire and be the curator of this place,"  the 11th doctor or maybe the 12th?

youmika

When I have the console in my hands I have no problem sharing measurements. Though I don't know at what angle my dad cut everything.
I'm kind of anxious to know the measurements myself :) I'm hoping the console will be in on my sons birthday on November 23rd so we can start implementing all the bits.

type_1012_tardis

This looks like it's coming along nicely!

Personally, i don't really like the 2010 console much.  However, anyone crazy or lucky enough to replicate either of the new series consoles deserves to be noted.  Great work so far!  Hopefully your luck holds out and you get it done by the 23rd.  But if not, decemberween is just around the corner, right?  Good luck!

End of Line
The ultimate TARDIS of ultimate destiny.  Type 1012.  Now with extra duct tape.

the mister

Oct 26, 2011, 10:16 am #38 Last Edit: Oct 26, 2011, 10:38 am by the mister
i just figured something out! on my Tardis, the wood I used was previously green and I have taken advantage of this for that emerald effect, as you can see in my photos. i'm just going to use clear gloss enamel over it. I know you may say your wood isn't green, BUT you can also take advantage of your wood swirls and grain by painting green ink or food colouring on it! then gloss coat it as i am doing. It would definitely work

youmika

@Mister You said you had pictures?  :)

type55tardis

Oct 28, 2011, 07:03 am #40 Last Edit: Oct 28, 2011, 07:07 am by type55tardis
Hi Youmika,
It would be rather appropriate you having your console ready for the 23rd of November ,as it's your sons and someone Else's birthday,( Did you plan that  :) ) the 23rd of November is a very special date in the Whovian calender,good luck with your build it really is coming on magnificently.
so let me get this straight,A thing that looks like a Police box standing in a junkyard,It can move anywhere in Time and space ?

Rassilons Rod

Anyone can tell by my posts and 3D builds that I am a classics man. But you just have to stand in awe of the impressive woodwork and detail going into this.

Superb work :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

youmika

I know! It took some planing ofcourse  ;D LOL. No just kidding, I hadn't planned it at all, actualy my son was born 7 weeks early. And I didn't know at the time that it was 'the date'. But very chuffed about it now. No wonder my son turned into the Whovian that he is!

;D

youmika

Oct 31, 2011, 08:32 am #43 Last Edit: Oct 31, 2011, 08:38 am by youmika
Got the paint!
I wanted to use very vibrant colors for the walls so they're very very in your face colors. Not to worry though, they will all have something on them to tone the basic color down.
Here's what's going on the walls:
301020112522s.jpg

And here the gold for the lettering (gold doesn't look quite as good as in real life on this picture)
301020112527s.jpg

The white for the inside of the tardis doors and all the windows in the room will be done the same:
301020112526s.jpg

And then the Tardis blue for the door side panels (I'm going to make the doors the Subaru blue color, but here there's no use as there's already paint on the wood). (in the left corner you can see the sparkle of the gold that I wasn't able to photograph in the other picture)
301020112525s.jpg

And I bought some for the Tardis console already, here's the emerald colors that I would like to use for the console:
301020112524s.jpg

whovian-almighty

So, all of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will, where do you want to start?