Mar 29, 2024, 04:39 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Rich's Build

Started by superrichi1a, Jul 13, 2011, 06:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

galacticprobe

Dec 24, 2011, 07:34 am #15 Last Edit: Dec 24, 2011, 07:35 am by galacticprobe
Love that Christmas card photo Richard! The nighttime photo with the wreath on the door isn't bad either. Very festive.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

robertpunk

Where is that AA box? I must see it!

DoctorWho8

His profile states Tamworth, Nr. Birmingham. UK.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

premulox4

Red Phone Box...there is a working one in Wordsley..but how old it is I dont know...it's on the old Wordsley Hospital site.
There is also this one in Trysull near where i liveTrysull-Red-Phone-Box.jpg

riponfans

Hi,
Really like this build :). Very realistic. I'm attempting a build with my son (very keen 7 year old Mr Maker). We have sketched out the overall shape of the current series Tardis, however we are getting rather confused working out the finer details. Do you have any tips on how best we work out suitable sizes for the various elements such as the sign boxes, the thickness of styles and the rebate of the doors from the lintels, etc.
We hope to get started over the next week or so, we will post some pictures once we take the plunge. Thanks

DoctorWho8

PM me you email address and I'll send some help.  Warning, they will be in Inches not Metric.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

superrichi1a

I realised earlier I've left this thread unattended too long. Drawing up plans for the refurb I realised I still had pictures of the box in the snow to upload (which'll come later), so I thought I'd better make an attempt at catching up.

Jubilee TARDIS.jpg

So, here she is, all ready to celebrate the Queen's Jubilee :) Planning a garden party with a barbeque, and inviting a few neighbours round, I bet seeing a TARDIS will give them a shock! (Hehehe, wait 'till they see the Iron Avenger in my back room)
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

superrichi1a

Nov 04, 2012, 08:21 pm #22 Last Edit: Nov 04, 2012, 08:23 pm by superrichi1a
Just finished giving the TARDIS a repaint in time for the winter months. Gone for a satin finish this time that changes dramatically depending on light conitions. Here's what I was confronted with as I staggered yawning outside with a coffee this morning:

IMG_1151.JPG

And some more in the warmer light of day with less frost:

IMG_1153.JPG

IMG_1154.JPG

Bit of a departure from the more subtle shades of the real thing, but I'm happy :) Anyone got any thoughts?
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

superrichi1a

Woke up this morning to news of a slightly alarming nature :-\ I'm sure those of us in the UK heard the roaring winds last night and felt a twinge of concern for our beloved boxes. Well, I guess this time is was me that lost the roulette.

Big Tree.jpg

Second time in a week this has happened, but last time it was only a small tree that just missed. This was the biggest, heaviest tree in the village. I know it looks like the TARDIS is fine in this picture, but worringly the end of the trunk is actually splintered around the corner post. One of the windows around the side has been smashed to bits and I dread to think what I'll find of the post and the lower left side when the tree gets taken down. :o Ah well, could be worse - do any of you see a shed in that picture? Nope, neither do I, but funnily enough there was a shed right there in the middle just yesterday...

Mark

I hope the damage isn't too bad and can be fixed fairly easily.

As for the shed, that may take a little more work.

warmcanofcoke

Yikes! I hope the damage isn't too severe. I wish you the best in your repair efforts . 
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

TheOncomingStorm

Wow, sorry that this happened, she's a smart box, hope it's easily fixable! As for your shed, I hope you can recover the contents?

superrichi1a

Thanks for the kind words guys! Honestly I think most of the damage is purely cosmetic, the window can be replaced, paint touched up and if necessary cracks filled in. My only worry is what I will find when I take the trunk off and what it might have done to the corner post. Ah well, can't complain, worse things have befallen boxes in the past :-\
Next step is for me to cut up the tree and get it all moved, simple job, all I need is my trusty chainsaw! My trusty chainsaw that I left safe and sound in the shed :) Oh...wait...maybe not so simple then!

fivefingeredstyre

I really hope the damage isn't too severe... The same thing happening to my box has been a real concern of mine for the last couple of weeks.

Hopefully with a small amount of repairs and a lick of paint she will be as good as new...

Steve

superrichi1a

Well on Monday the tree got moved at last and I was able to get a proper look at the damage. Happy to report there's nothing so bad that pictures are warranted! The corner post is fine, a few scratches and dents in the wood but nothing paint and putty can't handle. The worst damage that was caused was the destruction of the window on the left side, but in actual fact this is the 3rd time this particular window has needed to be rebuilt (both of the last times it was caused by falling branches in strong winds) so I'm rather well-versed in that particular job now! ;)
Although the less said about the shed the better...

Anyways, thanks to everyone who left kind and supportive comments!