News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The...I hope it turns out good Tardis Build

Started by willfleming, Jun 17, 2011, 03:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

willfleming

HUGE Doctor Who,GHI,GH and Torchwood fan

chinandler

Wow, this is really coming on! when do you expect to finish by?

willfleming

Thanks I'm hoping soon...Friday I'm going to put the final blue (darker) and order the signs ..I made the solar light for the top the other day I still have to post that pic

willfleming

becon.jpg better pics coming soon with the beacon light on top

b4dw0lf

Your window grills are fantastic, I think I need to ask you to build mine.... Im still not 100% happy with mine.

Your TARDIS is looking awesome Will
Paul Bradford
Tech Manager, Ghost Hunters International (GHI),
SyFy Channel, USA.
http://www.syfy.com/ghi

http://facebook.com/GHIPaul
http://twitter.com/GHIPaul

willfleming

DSC01646.jpgDSC01647.jpgI painted it darker and am MUCH happier with the color all I have to do now is tint the windows and find someone to make my signs

chinandler

Amazing! I've been waiting for your next post. When those signs go on your gonna be as happy as a father holding his new born child!

larry cain

Find a good Vinyl wrap place should be pretty cheap if you have the plastic to put them on. I always have 1/4" Cell cast acrylic in the shop for some aquarium products I use to build. Any home improvement center has some. This way the light will shine thru perfectly. Mine looks so damn real its amazing. I am going to try to leave the house today my MS exacerbation has been a bugger lol.
Good luck buddy. 

willfleming

Larry,
I have acrylic in the spot were the signs go above the door. when I here back from my friends son Ill pop them out and send them over to him to do his thing..If he can't do it we have a sign place up the street I can check out..fingers crossed they aren't to expencive

larry cain

Let me know my guy has mine still on file, all he has to do is push a key and make them bigger. They were $10 each for my size. Let me know when I get out I could ask him how much to print out them for your size and mail them to you and all you do is pull off the backing and stick them on. They come with a backing and a front protective film. You have my email and FB let me know.

willfleming

Thats good to know thanks Larry...hope your feeling better

willfleming

Thank you...I am looking forward to getting those babies done...hopefully soon

willfleming

willfleming

Just rained and I discovered I have a little more caulking to do .I have a couple of leakes..not to bad though

willfleming

tint.jpgI frosted the windows with a etching style paint and It looked like crap than I took white primer and misted it with my small spray gun and they came out sweet.vents.jpgI bought these small vents to put on my Tardis so I can have air flow I'm putting 2 in the back 1 in each lower panel and one in the floor inside