Apr 20, 2024, 02:02 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

TARDIS build in NEWS (One of Ours?)

Started by geminitimelord, Jun 10, 2011, 03:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

geminitimelord

Jun 10, 2011, 03:05 am Last Edit: Jul 15, 2011, 01:21 pm by Scarfwearer
I caught this article today and wonder if we know the builder? Nice build and Quick, article says 2 weeks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1390805/Zachary-Smith-5-gets-size-Tardis.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

drew30

very nice build for the time it apperantely took. the child looks very happy tho. always a good thing to see is a happy child. those pics should make the builder know his or her's time was well worth it. i know if i was a kid and woke up on my bday and saw that i would be hoping that someone got me new underware also cause i would need them after seeing something like this in my backyard all for me.  ;D ;D ;D

sithlord

Twas me. I came on here looking for inspiration and found people taking an awfully long time to get their boxes done, so I simplified things somewhat and went for it. It actually took less than 2 weeks in real time.Normal working during the day and building the TARDIS in the evenings.
The comments we recieved in the press and across various blogs etc gave Zachary far more than his 15 minutes of fame (all saved up to show him when he is older)
He still loves to tell anyone who will listen that he has a real TARDIS in his garden!
I did think about posting my plans but I guess we have plenty on here.
Many thanks

superrichi1a

It's a really really nice looking TARDIS. Kinda annoying my box took 2 years, your's took 2 weeks and is far better and more accurate than mine though, you must have some real skill!
I hope Zachary enjoys this for years to come!
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

drew30

type55tardis

And Zachary has got the same name as the Doctor from lost in space LoL
so let me get this straight,A thing that looks like a Police box standing in a junkyard,It can move anywhere in Time and space ?