roof1.png
roof2.png

Plans for the signs x4
sign0.png
sign1.png
sign2.png

poeticdragon

slidin_sidewayz

Wow, that is one heavy duty base! May I ask as to why the earlier model posts? Seems a shame to go to all the trouble of making it look like a NST, perhaps even a Smith box, only to put in posts from a previous style altogether.

poeticdragon

Jun 07, 2011, 04:12 pm #3 Last Edit: Jun 07, 2011, 04:16 pm by poeticdragon
Quite simply, because I don't like the posts on the 2005/2010 box. But not only that, it seemed to me that having to use a router to make the thin corner facade was a lot of extra work and trouble, perhaps one of the most complex parts. Why do that for something I don't like?

Good news is, if I change my mind later on, its just a matter of gluing on said little strip of wood to each corner.

drew30

your plans look very good. does look like it's gonna be alot of work especially for that base. i hope all turns out well for your build. looking forward to seeing this take shape. i think its geat when people build a tardis and make it there own by not copying other builds or even trying to create an exact copy of a prevous model.

poeticdragon

The base is inspired by the one built by http://www.therpf.com/f9/my-new-series-dr-who-tardis-build-image-heavy-99629/. In his notes he said he originally planned to use three 2x4 in profile for each side, but later on switched to 4x6 timbers instead. I decided to be more economical, and go with his original plan, especially because we don't have anywhere near as amazing a wood shop as he had.

DoctorWho8

That would be fellow member PhilipW's TARDIS.  Oddly enough, somebody entered it on WhereIsTheTARDIS.com and even said it wasn't theirs.  IT was at the Dallas ComicCon, I think, so that would make sense as Philip lives in Texas.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff