Apr 20, 2024, 05:55 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

WhoFan88's Custom 11th Doctor's TARDIS Playset

Started by whofan88, Jun 08, 2011, 03:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

whofan88

Jun 08, 2011, 03:29 am Last Edit: Jun 09, 2011, 11:59 pm by whofan88
So I took the playset which didn't have lights and added lights.  That's pretty much all I did.  Oh and added a little structure underneath to hold up the tubes.  Other than that its all pretty much the playset itself and added lighting effects.  I was trying to get it to look as it does in the series or in promotional photos.

IMGP1440cropped-1.jpg

Custom11thDoctorsTARDISPlayset1-1.jpg

IMGP1336-1.jpg

IMGP1313-1.jpg

Custom11thDoctorsTARDISPlayset6-1.jpg

Custom11thDoctorsTARDISPlayset7-1.jpg

IMGP1319-1.jpg

IMGP1324-1.jpg

Custom11thDoctorsTARDISPlayset2-1.jpg

Custom11thDoctorsTARDISPlayset8-1.jpg

Custom11thDoctorsTARDISPlayset15-1.jpg

IMGP1362cropped-1.jpg

IMGP1440cropped-1-1.jpg
There's no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes.

-The Doctor

galacticprobe

Jun 08, 2011, 05:07 am #1 Last Edit: Jun 08, 2011, 05:08 am by galacticprobe
Whoa! :o Some of those photos from underneath almost look like they could have come from the actual filming set! (You wouldn't happen to have any photos taken during the progress of modifying this, would you? If so we'd love to see how you went about it.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

whofan88

Dino,

I created a build thread with some of the pictures I took when it was a work in progress.  It should be around the model console build diaries somewhere.  Thanks I was really going for that look. 
There's no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes.

-The Doctor

Scarfwearer

I've linked the topics in the topic description as is the custom.

Crispin

robhowdle

Amazing! I think I have seen this before, my tutor at school showed me something called ELO Wire or something, basically looks like just a peice of wire however put a voltage through it and it lights up just like that ^^^

Amazing stuff.

Rob
You make the whole of time and space your back yard and what do you have, a back yard... I can't see it anymore but you can, and when you see it I see it - Matt Smith, 11th Doctor

The14thDr

Awesome!!!
Maybe you could work on making the time rotor move up and down next?
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

jakaboomaddness

Wow that's awesome, it looks like you've put a lot of effort into that and it looks great, is it possible to get the rotors moving with that set?