Apr 24, 2024, 02:24 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

timegalaxy5 time console

Started by timegalaxy5, Jun 04, 2011, 10:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

timegalaxy5

hey guys, well i couldnt find my camera, so i took a picture of it with my phone, then sent the picture to my email, then opened the picture and put it in paint to resize it, and wallaaaa!

table.jpg

i think when i measured it, it was either two and a half feet across and two feet high, or it was two feet across and two and a half feet high...(goes to garage with a yard stick....a few moments later) ok, so its about two feet high, and two feet across.

and i put my hand next to it for, kind of, a comparison

timegalaxy5
--------------------------TIMEGALAXY5------------------------

timegalaxy5

wow, boy am i exhausted! Well i finnaly cleaned out the entire garage, and i can see the Floor! HAHAHA! Well you all know what that means, it means i can really bite a chunk out of this project. I just need the palletes, i need to buy a saw for cutting wood, and i need to purchase some long nails to hold it all together. So as soon as i make some decent progress, i shall post up some pictures.  ;D ;D :) Many Thanks Guys

timegalaxy5

DoctorWho8

Use screws, not nails.  Screws do a better job and you can remove them easier.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

timegalaxy5

hey guys, i will be doing some work on the console tomaro, so i will post some pics on thursday

timegalaxy5

timegalaxy5

Well, here is what I did yestarday..

thing 1. get hair-cut

thing 2. buy 3/4in ply-wood

thing 3. cut out 3 panels and table part for console..

well anyway, here is what I have so far, I drilled a hole in the center of the big 6 sided panel, and also into that little table

panels.pngtable 6s.jpg

tell me what you think ;D :)

timegalaxy5

the big hexagon is 4ft across from end to end, and the panels are 2ft at the bottom, 7in at the top, and 1 1/2ft on the sides. I am still trying to decide on wether or not to make the other 3 panels, as I do still have enough ply-wood to make them. If I do not make them, I will use some mesh wire fence stuff, and fill in the spaces between the panels, so it would have 1 actual panel then mesh, then panel, then mesh, then panel, and mesh. But I think I might go ahead and do the 3 other panels. I have till next wednsday to think about it, as I have acess to all the tools and things. So anyway, if you guys would leave some comments, let me know what you think I should do, and lots of thanks.. 8) ;D :) :)

Time~Galaxy-5-

timegalaxy5

hey fellow console builders and lovers of doctor who,
I have decided to cut out the other 3 panels, and have spots in them that I will cut out with the router, and then have the mesh wire stapled to the back, so that you will be able to see inside, also I will have the circuits and things on the spots. Well its almost Wednesday, so when I finish cutting everything, I will stand everything up so I can see how it looks. Pictures to come soon.... :) ;)

8)timegalaxy5 8)

timegalaxy5

well, i should have pictures up soon of what i have so far...if not, maybe in a month or so when i have everything put together, but i mostly have all of the little bits and things to go onto the console, its just i dont actually have it put together, so when i do have everything together i will post what it looks like....

Your freind in time

timegalaxy5

type_1012_tardis

Quote from: DoctorWho8 on Jul 23, 2011, 06:55 pm
Use screws, not nails.  Screws do a better job and you can remove them easier.

Agreed.
We ended up using nails on my console due to time constraints, and it makes it very difficult to access the console innards (even with the panel door)....

End of Line
The ultimate TARDIS of ultimate destiny.  Type 1012.  Now with extra duct tape.

timegalaxy5

yeah...it seems whenever i hit a nail it never hits right...but anyway, i had put all the panels together and they didn't fit, the angle was off on a few of them, so i decided to dedicate the design to jarenelo's design, with the spaced out panels, having it like that it makes it bigger (i was not happy with the over all size) and it gives more room to put all the junk..i mean stuff onto the console. So when i actually have everything together i will post some pictures of what it looks like...oh yeah, it will be drilled into the floor and the ceiling so it doesn't shake around. So i am very very excited that everything is coming together, i bet everyone fills this way when they come to the point in construction where you can start seeing what you have. So pictures of the finished thing to come in hopefully about a month...school starts Monday so that will give me something to do during the day...PICTURES!! to come soon.... ;D

timegalaxy5

type_1012_tardis

That reminds me again of what we did for mine:

The panels do not even closely line up under the direct surface.  In fact, we intentionally cut the angles too wide and nail-gunned them together to eliminate waste wood from inevitable miscuts (and ended up with one anyway... grumble).

Still, that's just what i did.  Whatever works for you works for you, as long as it works. (logic FAIL)

End of Line
The ultimate TARDIS of ultimate destiny.  Type 1012.  Now with extra duct tape.

timegalaxy5

funny, i cut my angle to much, and would have ended up with 5 panels and not 6 (I really wanted a six sided console, not to be rude but i hate 5 sided consoles :-\ ) but yup, whatever works does end up working....
Oh and i ended up yesterday going to a place called "Big R" it was a big sort of junkyard that reminded me of the junkyard from the "doctors wife" and i got some very very cool things, one is something like this
gauge thing.png
and another small box that had two volt meters on it and a bunch of knobs, i also got a few gauges that will go in the gaps of the console...the two big things will be mounted on the wall like in the first doctor who console rooms....OH  ;D i got one of those big ribbed black tube things for i think to go around my time rotor, i need to get the acrylic plexi-glass tube first, maybe i will get it for Christmas...hmmm...if you guys have any suggestions for where to get the plexi-glass tube, thanks...so anyway had a good day yesterday

timegalaxy5

jammiedodger

Does this junkyard place have a website?

timegalaxy5

hey jammidodger, it probably does not, it is ran by a bunch of guys that are pretty old, so probably not. Anyway, here is what i did yesterday, I moved all the stuff from my friend's house (the one who has the tools) and borrowed a small drill and the charger and a extra battery, and hehehe i did this!! ;D :D
real console.png
HAHA!! I'm so happy with what i have...Now i just need to get the small table part at the right height...I am 6ft 5in, and i hope i stop growing...So anyway! comments are always helpful...

timegalaxy5

DoctorWho8

6' 5"?  You're either growing to be a wookie or a yeti. ;)  Nice work so far.