News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

rasskin's build

Started by rasskin, May 14, 2011, 09:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rasskin

May 14, 2011, 09:29 am Last Edit: Oct 08, 2012, 12:03 pm by rasskin
hi all!

I've been working on this for 7 days solid and wanted to show it off.

hope you like :)

219317_10150231089315127_628750126_8552228_1267688_o.jpg

having attached timer to the plywood sheeting, i routed the edges for a nice bevelled effect.

218327_10150231086225127_628750126_8552201_2351980_o.jpg

Next I marked the window panes and cut, my intention being these will create a strong rear support for the panes. (I'm hoping to create a 'sandwich' of acrylic sheeting and timber.)

202029_10150231085285127_628750126_8552199_1957239_o.jpg

Scarfwearer

Great progress for just a week!

(I'd encourage you to put a few pictures here on the forum as well: over time external links tend to break and we'll be left with an orphaned topic.)

Crispin

DoctorWho8

Is that a Hartnell build I see?
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

rasskin

i'll upload pictures to here at a later date (when i have a little more time).

yes, am intending a Hartnell, but after the lock was moved to the right hand door LOL :)

rasskin

May 23, 2011, 12:59 pm #4 Last Edit: Jul 21, 2011, 08:42 am by Scarfwearer
been having real problems getting photos to upload for some reason.

anyhoo, i'm onto the roof now, just the lamp and sealing the pitched parts to go.

signs are to be collected from the printers on friday, so should be able to get on with the light boxes soon too.

have started to fill and sand where i can, can't wait to get some paint onto the thing!

rasskin

Jul 21, 2011, 06:48 am #5 Last Edit: Aug 03, 2011, 01:55 am by rasskin
20072011471.jpg

OK, still not completed, but i thought I'd update you all (it's been a while).

the dance production this build was prompted by opens on Friday, so here's a piccie of the focusing session for lighting taken last night.

:)

and here's a first rehearsal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLSHHweJm6k&feature=youtu.be

willfleming

HUGE Doctor Who,GHI,GH and Torchwood fan

rasskin

after some damage during the colder months, it became time to effect some repairs and improvements in preparation for an appearance later this month.

thought i'd take the opportunity to produce a short build slide show too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW-iYb_yOvs&lc=nh1ehuDk9Ft2mKT_h1S5VbvcW8grGW3uvVbcEI5kYwc&feature=inbox

hope you like it!

she's next to materialise at Corsham on April 28th.

hope to see/meet some of you there?

www.corshamscifi.co.uk

willfleming

Nice....perfect song for it :) 
HUGE Doctor Who,GHI,GH and Torchwood fan

DoctorWho8

The final pics of the box looks like someone stole GeminiTimelord's Hartnell Box and went for a joy ride.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

rasskin

I'd like to say a big 'thank you' to all of you who gave such positive comments this last weekend at corsham sci fi.

It'd be a big fat lie to say i didn't enjoy the attention 'sexy' got throughout the day, but i would like to make special BIG thank you to 2000man for letting me know that screwfix currently stock a fantastic fresnel garden lamp that's perfect to finish the job properly. :)

I've now bought one (at £15 I'd be nuts not too!) and will begin this final phase in the build next week.

the only thing after that i want to achieve i will CERTAINLY need help with from you guys!

I'm going to get a Vinyl photo print of the control room to hang inside so the door can be left open without spoiling the effect.

does anyone have, or know where i could find a high res, large image of the first control room. without the actors and preferably with the console in the centre of the frame? I've poured over this site and haven't yet found one that's quite right yet.

a good CGI version would do!

keeping my fingers crossed some geniussssssssssssss will put me on the right track

rasskin

Well, I've had an amazing weekend, for which i'll upload some pictures soon.

10th planet events held an autograph session with William Russell and Carol-Ann Ford in Barking, East London and my completed box (now named sexy: she has her own facebook page, look her up lol!) was there too!

I even relocated the lock to the correct door at long last and she stood proud as the backdrop for photos at the end of the day.

the most exciting part being seeing them both come out of the box together with HUGE grins on their faces after signing the inside of the doors. :)

certainly the pinnacle of my geek life so far. not sure how to top this as it was as wonderful to me as the birth of my children and our wedding!

As i say i will upload some pics soon, but in the meantime you can see the event here: http://www.tenthplanetevents.co.uk/

twinbuilder

Looked like a fun event to do and right up your "time" street:O)  Ive see the blue box close up and its a lovely job:O)

Do they still sell the light at screwfix?

:O)

rasskin

the lamps are still on the website for screwfix

http://www.screwfix.com/p/marine-wall-light-black/13789

worth looking to see if your local store has any in stock!