Apr 24, 2024, 11:21 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Celation's Hartnell/Troughton Console Build

Started by celation, Mar 18, 2008, 10:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rassilons Rod

That might work, and being one sided it could be easily hidden :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

tony farrell

I'm sure that Chris (being as thorough and talented as he is) will achieve a solution that best works for him!
Tony

celation

Feb 28, 2013, 06:50 pm #977 Last Edit: Apr 14, 2013, 09:13 pm by celation
Don't know what to say to that, Tony - but thanks! I've just bunged a load more glue on it, though - seems to work!

Anyway - time for a proper update. Working outside on the plinth, and couldn't resist a full stack-up (as the Dalek-builders call it).

fourPanels.jpg

Kinda necessary to check that it all works as one unit. And it does - which is good news. Panel 2 doesn't fit yet, but I haven't bevelled the edges of 2 or 3 yet - so I didn't really expect it to. As you can see - four panels complete (panel 4 needs a little work but not much) and panel 3 is on its way - see below.

panel3.jpg

Paint should be dry on 3 shortly, and it will be ready to begin attaching the controls. Working primarily now on this panel and the plinth cladding. The support fins are rather fiddly - and I haven't even started cladding them yet. They really help with the solidity, though - Mr Brachacki certainly knew his stuff.

tony farrell

"Mr Brachaki certainly knew his stuff" - he's not the only one. Your console is a thing of beauty and, if anything, looks even better outdoors!
Brilliant.

Rassilons Rod

Looks like you're very close to the last leg there, mate! :)

BEAUTIFUL! :D
Public Enema Number One.

DoctorWho8

Holy crap! Looks very nice outdoors.  Must be decent weather out where you're at.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

warmcanofcoke

WOW!!! That is pleasing to the eye. Quite a looker you have there Celation. She looks marvelous. Once again - Wow!! Quite a lovely build.  :D
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

fivefingeredstyre

That is incredible... I want one!!!  ;D

Thanks for the update, I really look forward to them. Recital lay when you post a shot of it assembled like that  :)

markofrani

Sorry to hear about the mishap with the column, but she's looking fantastic, and surely you're on the final furlong with the build? Well worth the wait. Superb!!!!

galacticprobe

Mar 01, 2013, 05:13 am #984 Last Edit: Mar 01, 2013, 05:13 am by galacticprobe
Not much to add to what's been said, other than that you're right up there on my ENVY! scale with M.D.'s build, and Crispin's Season 14 wooden console. (Yes; I've been looking at S14 build again.)

Looks like you've taken a page from the 3rd Doctor's TARDIS Manual (literally - what Doctor in his right mind wouldn't tear a page out of that manual? Just don't throw the whole manual into a supernova! - and figuratively) and moved the console out of the console room to work on her. Fantastic! Brilliant!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Rassilons Rod

What I find most incredible is that even afterall we have seen you achieve, even after all the myriad times you have blown us away with photos of what you have achieved so far...

You come back after a quiet spell and manage to do it ALL OVER AGAIN! This almost complete console really could be a photo from the Vis Fx back lot in 1963. It's a truly amazing piece of work my friend :)
Public Enema Number One.

timegalaxy5

--------------------------TIMEGALAXY5------------------------

Kingpin

Absolutely stunning!

I think I'm going to need a Thesaurus as I'm starting to wear it out with the pleasent stream of updates. :)

kert gantry

Just wonderful.  All your hard work is really paying off now. 

DoctorWho8

How does it compare to the docudrama console, Kert?
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff