Mar 29, 2024, 01:05 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Jarrod's Five Doctors Console

Started by Lungman, Sep 12, 2006, 03:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

timewomble

This is absolutely amazing! I'm seriously thinking of building mine (er, my son's) in aluminium/MDF instead of just MDF, but I can't work out how to do one particular joint, and I can't make it out on your earlier pictures: in the base, how are the hexagons of aluminium (L? T?) profile attached to the vertical square tubes around the outside? Are the aluminium bits fixed directly to each other, or is the hex fixed to the MDF inside it, with the vertical tubes fixing straight through into the MDF between the ends of two horizontal pieces of aluminium?

Also, what thickness of MDF are you using for your panels? 12mm or 18mm? They're works of art and I can't see any sag at all.

Many thanks,

Peter.

Lungman

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update to share with you the latest in TimeTot minding products...

DSC_3155_zps59d69580.jpg

DSC_3162_zpsf43fdc0d.jpg

DSC_3158_zps8b481e6d.jpg

Some assembly required, comes in raw finish ready for painting! ;)

More soon!

Kingpin

Really coming along nicely there, not too far to go now.

warmcanofcoke

WANT!!!  :D

really well done! Splendid work sir! I must reproduce your results. It looks amazing.
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

Lungman

Here's the fruits of my labour for this weekend...well one of them. I've got three finished (including this one) and three to go. Also have my hex belts that run along the bottom of the control panels ready for top coat now so should have them finished in the next couple of days. Stay tuned! :)

A63D0254-05C2-4AEC-8F37-22D6DC33F593-1124-000001583C4FAB65.jpg

1DBB3E15-43C5-4122-B71D-02963DDC24D8-1157-0000015968A21C4A.jpg

99283C08-6BC5-4918-BD32-3E305F2E1146-1124-0000015809AD969F.jpg

Rassilons Rod

In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

Kingpin

Nicely painted, the dark grey really helps the hexagon "pop" out along with the frame around it.

Lungman

Hi guys!

Sorry for being reasonably quiet, though here is my latest test build. I've only got some minor details remaining on this build and should mostly be finished by the end of this week. I'm off to Melbourne on Thursday for the Lord of Time Convention where Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann will be in attendance. They've also got Janet Fielding, Nick Briggs, John Leeson and Alexandra Tynan. The organisers asked me to supply my console for photo shoots etc, so the pressure is really on!!! I think I've hit the pinacle of my fandom!

Console_1_zpsb28cf30a.jpg

Console_2_zpsefcae8ec.jpg

Console_3_zps4fc7261e.jpg

More to follow... :)

madgaz

This looks amazing!
This has always been my personal favourite console, and I'm blow away by it! You should be very proud of this! I tip my hat to you!

Gaz :)

Kingpin

Wow...

And you don't know how happy I am to see the red bulbs in the Rotor. :)

Are you planning to paint the trim between the upper and lower panels silver?

slidin_sidewayz

You mean you'll be at the Melbourne L.O.T. but not Brisbane?? NOOOO!!!!! I would've loved to have seen that.   :'(  Hopefully my (now since sold on) TARDIS will be in Brissie. I'm planning on helping out but they still need to let us know details. Time is indeed of the essence.

Scarfwearer

Goodness me! You're just about there!
Seriously amazing work - I love it.

Crispin

Rassilons Rod

Apr 01, 2013, 12:52 pm #207 Last Edit: Apr 01, 2013, 12:54 pm by rassilonsrod
Oh my, that is beautiful. As much as I hate to duplicate what someone else has said (especially directly above) but I LOVE IT! (too) :)

Seriously, people could be forgiven for thinking that the Hartnell console was my first love, but yes it's the 5 Doctors one, and THIS my friend is a SUPERB replica :)

EDIT: I don't mean to be greedy, But I would love to see a square on view. So we can see both the under panels and control panels at the same time :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

Theta Sigma

Simply amazing!  I'm insanely jealous!  Great work Jarrod!
"I just put 1.795372 & 2.204628 together." - 4th Doctor

warmcanofcoke

<Jaw Drops , tongue rolls out all over the floor. I quickly gather up my tongue and hurriedly pack it all back into my mouth and collect my jaw from the floor.>
WOW!!!! Really Nice!! This has been an amazing journey and I've always really enjoyed the updates and marveled at your crafting skills. I aspire to create a console such as this one day. Magnificent!!!! Excellent Work as always.
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.