Apr 23, 2024, 07:00 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Adding sound fx to a console

Started by james024a, Apr 29, 2011, 12:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

james024a

This is my first post so please be patient with me  :)
In the early planning stages of a pretty ambitious build.Adding a Tardis to the house with a cupboard behind so i can build half a console in the space.
Does anyone know or have ideas on how to add sound fx to the console and how to activate them? I have recordings of the original Dematerialization/re-materialization and some other fx from a radiophonics cd.
Many Thanks

robhowdle

Hi James,

Welcome to the boards!

I am actually going to be creating one of these myself and the way to do it is quite complicated. It involves PICAXE chips and programming them to come on at a certain time. I have decided (A* Electronics and Distinction* in Music) That I will be putting a keyboard on my console and using MIDI inputs to control the sound effects. Mine is going to be a lot more complicated that yours is seeming to be however for yours it would just be a case of use PICAXE Chips and programming sounds to come on when a leaver is pulled, also you'd need to think about time delays as you wouldn't want the De-Materialisation sound starting before the leave has been fully pulled etc.

Does that make any sense at all?
You make the whole of time and space your back yard and what do you have, a back yard... I can't see it anymore but you can, and when you see it I see it - Matt Smith, 11th Doctor