Apr 24, 2024, 11:11 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

(Benji's) Console Regeneration

Started by the_temporal_mechanic, Aug 17, 2009, 06:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

the_temporal_mechanic

The rotor runs continuously with changing patterns depending on what the console is doing.  You select that manually, as the rotor is lit with Christmas lights.

chizzler

oh, okay cool, im going to use christmas ;lights aswell, but have them going down, as they are waterfall lights

the_temporal_mechanic

Nice!  I found some great LED lights that are battery operated for my new one.  Really like those a lot.

chizzler

mm, im trying to find strip lights, that you stick on and go

philipw

Quote from: chizzler on Sep 16, 2010, 08:25 pm
mm, im trying to find strip lights, that you stick on and go

I've purchased quite a few led items from this company. they come directly from china with little cost. you might see if they have anything you can use.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/

the_temporal_mechanic

Thanks for the link man.  I will check it out!   :)

chizzler

ive just noticed, before the regeneration, the console looks like somithing from stargate uuniverse

the_temporal_mechanic

It does have that organic, otherworldly feel.  I was always a fan of that tech.  I like the lines that so many of their props have engraved on the surface.  They do a lot with cool textures on that show.  I liked one of them so much, that I used it on my new console...

chizzler

yeah, how did you make the panel supports?

the_temporal_mechanic

The three main legs of the console are just sheets of 3/4 inch plywood that are cut to that shape.  They stand in a slot in the base plate.  My new console uses the same method.  I will be moving across town in a couple of weeks and will take some pics of the console being assembled to give you a better look at all of the pieces.  I have been meaning to do this for a while and it's the perfect chance to do it.

chizzler

DoctorWho8

Another move?  Isn't that 3 in 2 years or something? Why not just get a house? ;)
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

the_temporal_mechanic

Lol... I have been moving a lot Bill!  When I moved to Portland I wasn't sure where I was going to be working, and now that I have a stable job again, I want to be much closer in to the city than my current apartment.

Who knows, maybe I'll move again in six months.  Nothing like variety...

DoctorWho8

And spending lots of $$$ on bubble wrap for 2 consoles and a full sized TARDIS. ;)
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

Volpone

OK. Had a chance to look at your consoles now. I like your builds! I've considered doing a build, but I'd lean towards something much more traditional and far less inspired. My big excitement was going to be really [over]using the hexagon design motif. These builds give me some neat ideas to steal if I ever wind up doing a build. 

I didn't see it in any of your builds, but I wonder if one could find one of those Borg regeneration things from the 7 of 9's sleep station that were so big at places like Spencer Gifts back in the late 20th Century.
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.