Apr 19, 2024, 08:34 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

(Benji's) Console Regeneration

Started by the_temporal_mechanic, Aug 17, 2009, 06:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

the_temporal_mechanic

Jul 04, 2010, 12:32 am #15 Last Edit: Nov 02, 2010, 12:46 am by jarenelo
I added some color to give the console some depth and reworked the cables from before to neat bundles that come out of the boxes.   Over all a cleaner look compared to my console's future (and documented past) of being all blackened, patched up and wired together out of necessity.  

This is is labeled finished for now, so I guess the time has come to work on the secondary console....
_6269528.JPG_6269529.JPG_6269530.JPG_6269531.JPG_6269532.JPG_6269534.JPG_6269533.JPG_6269535.JPG_6269536.JPG_6269538.JPG_6269539.JPG_6269541.JPG_6269545.JPG_6269550.JPG

mordrogyn

Did you shrink your central column or is it just in a "down position"?
(http://i50.tinypic.com/20kan9v.jpg)

geminitimelord

Benji, looks great, I like the clean up on her but I think I perfer the Black look on the colour scheme.

Noticed a TARDIS in the corner?? I dont recall you building a full size build? I thought you just had a Door to your Room or was I mistaken?

the_temporal_mechanic

The rotor was shortened as part of the refit.  It needed to balance out with the lack of cables hanging to the floor and that was a good way to make that change.  It's thicker than it was before and occupies all of the space in the black cylinders that make the base and cap.

Also Scott, I did build a full size box that was the entrance to my console room in my last place, it was always kind of tough to show in photos since it sat on that landing in our old place.  Full size box nonetheless (well, smaller scale for an 8 foot room).  A short move may be coming soon as this place is a little small for our needs, so maybe a fully decorated console room may be in my future...

vortexvp

Jul 15, 2010, 09:47 pm #19 Last Edit: Jul 15, 2010, 09:47 pm by vortexvp
Loved her as she was alll battlescarred and sinister... I like the update too but have this thing for black consoles.... ;)

type 83

What's the thing on the bottom of the panel in the third picture down from the top.

the_temporal_mechanic

Quote from: type 83 on Jul 16, 2010, 09:12 am
What's the thing on the bottom of the panel in the third picture down from the top.

Which thing?   :)  Maybe a transporter stand for a TNG action figure Laforge?  Pics move depending on what monitor settings I'm looking at... maybe I'll put together a roadmap of components... maybe....

type 83

On the bar next to the silver and red switch.

atomicgraph

still looks fantastic!!! your displays and readouts  are awesome

the_temporal_mechanic

Quote from: type 83 on Jul 18, 2010, 08:06 am
On the bar next to the silver and red switch.

Yeah, that's an old Star Trek figure base that makes a transporter sound.  Good to have a functioning transporter for those odd moments in the library...

the_temporal_mechanic

Quote from: atomicgraph on Jul 18, 2010, 12:40 pm
still looks fantastic!!! your displays and readouts  are awesome

Thanks Emil!  I may need to talk to you about the filling and sanding process you are using on your dalek. Looks great so far by the way...  I have an upcoming project that needs some super smooth finishes.

wayne venomous

Very nice console!  8)

It's given me quite a few ideas as to what to do with the Kiddy one I'm currently making.

the_temporal_mechanic

Thanks Wayne.  My assistant and I are supposed to shoot some stuff at some point this week... or was that last?  At any rate, I have started the process of collecting materials, and I have started work on my new console.  I will start a thread tomorrow regarding it.  Do you have sketches for the Kid's console?  If only my dad was as cool.

wayne venomous

Think what I like about your console is the fact you've given your own spin on it. Yes, I can see certain influences on different eras of console but you've done your own thing and I really respect that.  :)
Haven't got any sketches of the console as yet, although I've got a load of stuff like dials, bulbs, switches etc I'll probably sort out this afternoon so once I know what I've got I'll probably start putting some ideas together. At the moment I'm trying to get the construction of the TARDIS itself completed then I'll see what looks good.

Yeah, I wish my Dad had done cool stuff like this too. Perhaps that's why we're both like this?
My parents were kinda the "Well, that's going to cost too much money" and "Why do you want that?" and "What's the point?" - you could say that about anything though.
The simple answer is "Because it makes me happy!" and that's all you need from life.  ;)

chizzler

question, for your time rotor, are the lights always on, or do the go on when you play the demat sound