Apr 19, 2024, 08:41 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The T55 console Mk2

Started by type55tardis, Mar 24, 2011, 06:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

warmcanofcoke

ionic Greek columns for your console room?
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

galacticprobe

May 08, 2012, 06:07 pm #211 Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 06:08 pm by galacticprobe
I really can't kick myself anymore thanks to that back injury (that gift that keeps on giving). My legs just can't move like that anymore, but I can bang my head against the wall a few times! ;D That wouldn't really hurt since I'm having some problems with the vertigo again; in fact it might actually help! ;)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

type55tardis

Meanwhile back to the real topic

close up wmv 002_0001.jpg
so let me get this straight,A thing that looks like a Police box standing in a junkyard,It can move anywhere in Time and space ?

galacticprobe

May 12, 2012, 06:40 am #213 Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 06:40 am by galacticprobe
Yes: that beautiful console. What new goodies has she in store for us this time?

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

type55tardis

May 17, 2012, 05:42 am #214 Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 06:37 am by type55tardis
As this is now all but finished I thought you would like to see the R/L lift in all its glory and a brief photo diary of building up the console,I think the next project has got to be the console room walls.

Here is the Raise/Lower lift in all its glory
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-NEsM0C5mg

Here are a few pics of building up the console

base 1.jpg         base 2.jpgbase 3.jpgbase 4.jpgbase 5.jpgcolumn 1.jpgcolumn 2.jpgcolumn 3.jpglift 1.jpglift 2.jpgpwer supply 1.jpgpanels 1.jpgpanels 2.jpgpanels 3.jpgpanels 4.jpgpanels 5.jpgpanels 6.jpgpanels 7.jpgpanels 8.jpgfinished 1.jpg

So that's about it for now (well i must start thinking about those walls  :)
so let me get this straight,A thing that looks like a Police box standing in a junkyard,It can move anywhere in Time and space ?

type55tardis

I thought someone was interfering with the console so i set up a camera and now i know who it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLq5xpnCIM4

galacticprobe

May 18, 2012, 06:55 am #216 Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 06:56 am by galacticprobe
Nice! She is a beauty! (And who is that wicked one who hijacks that pillar TARDIS and sabotages that lovely console? Surely you don't have another Master in your midst?)

Dino.

Rassilons Rod

In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

type55tardis

I can't believe that this topic has achieved 10208 views thats fantastic !! thanks for looking everyone

rocket

Thank you for the build diary that was worth looking at so much  ;)
Farewell Sarah Jane, you will be missed.

galacticprobe

Jun 17, 2012, 07:10 am #220 Last Edit: Jun 17, 2012, 07:11 am by galacticprobe
Believe it, my friend! This is one beauty of a console! (And just think of the "regenerations" she's gone through to get to this stage. I think her first trip once she's had her "time and space" trials should be the Eye of Orion for some R & R. ;))

Dino.

Rassilons Rod

Really love the Hartnell design elements in this :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

museumdave

This is a great build you have really done an incredible job bringing your vision to life.  Well Done! and thanks for sharing your inspiring work.

"I could retire and be the curator of this place,"  the 11th doctor or maybe the 12th?

type55tardis

I don't think somedays we realise who our creations are going to effect ,My son came around sunday (Fathers day) and brought his girlfriend and her autistic son Aaron,My son said `let Aaron see the console' (Aaron is extremely autistic he is 6) Imagine my delight when he spent an hour just standing in front of it absolutely delighted waving his arms (that's his way of showing excitement) watching the flashing lights etc.. It was great to watch.(we had a great deal of trouble prising him away from it when he had to go home LoL)
Thanks for the responses guys.

type55tardis

Ive started the walls (see project in other props)