Apr 20, 2024, 12:38 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The T55 console Mk2

Started by type55tardis, Mar 24, 2011, 06:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

the_temporal_mechanic

I love what's going on here.  Great progress in such a short amount of time :)  Keep up the great work !

type55tardis

Apr 16, 2011, 10:27 am #46 Last Edit: Apr 16, 2011, 10:37 am by type55tardis
Thanks Jarenelo,
That's a real compliment coming from you thankyou ;D . You have to be one of my favourite builders,I really admire your imaginative work,(I`d love to see what the result would be if we put our heads together LoL) probably something really out of the box  8).
so let me get this straight,A thing that looks like a Police box standing in a junkyard,It can move anywhere in Time and space ?

rocket

It's really looking like something from the early days of the show now. All you need is some big white salad bowl roundels and you're all set (only joking about the roundels) ;)

Farewell Sarah Jane, you will be missed.

type55tardis

Apr 16, 2011, 12:57 pm #48 Last Edit: Apr 16, 2011, 12:59 pm by type55tardis
Thanks Rocket,
I added a few Pertwee touches today (The bloody levers to finish off the demat panel have still not arrived >:(  ) still I managed to finish off wiring all the panels and striped up a bit
Ive put in some bigger pictures to give you a better idea
De-mat panel

demat panel nf.jpg

Door panel

door panel f.jpg

Power panel

power panel f.jpg

and another mock up

new mock up.jpg

I`m going to start on the directional and co-ordinates panel Monday
so let me get this straight,A thing that looks like a Police box standing in a junkyard,It can move anywhere in Time and space ?

type55tardis

Apr 18, 2011, 09:18 am #49 Last Edit: Apr 18, 2011, 10:32 am by type55tardis
The demat panel finished at last  ;D

SPM_A0127.jpg

Now its on to panel 4 directional and co-ordinates

What could this big hole be for ? ???

panel 4.jpg

DoctorWho8

The dematerialization circuit container?
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

type55tardis

Apr 19, 2011, 02:36 am #51 Last Edit: Apr 19, 2011, 08:22 am by type55tardis
Good guess Bill but wrong LoL,
I promised a feature from the exhibition console and here it is  :D

SPM_A0129.jpg

Obviously more work is needed to finish this panel but only 2 more and the central column to go.
I would say this console is veering very much towards a Pertwee style in its general construction,I`m still having thoughts on the central column ,either a wedding cake to reflect the Davidson style or possibly a green Pertwee style ,decisions decisions.

rocket

Looks great all lit up ;)

type55tardis

Thanks Rocket,
I hope you enjoyed it still got to finish the directional panel and the last 2 panels and the column I`m really going to have to go mad on the column to try and out do the rest of it LoL

the_temporal_mechanic

Gorgeous work there my friend :)  I am very impressed.  I wasn't from the photograph posted earlier, but I really like the plasma element on the demat panel.  Can't wait to see what you do with the interior of the rotor!

type55tardis

Thanks Jaranelo,
I`m really going to have to give the inside of the column some thought ,I want it to be traditional but with a bit of a twist ,Ive ordered some 12v fluorescent light sticks to go inside it , but I`m undecided how to deploy them,Still I will come up with something ,and hopefully it will impress,Ive had an invite to the clear plastics factory to carry out the the initial design ,so I will be able to look at the materials available ,that should be a great help.

type_1012_tardis

You could always try combining some elements in the column.  I mean, it worked great for the console, so maybe here too?

end of line
The ultimate TARDIS of ultimate destiny.  Type 1012.  Now with extra duct tape.

type55tardis

Apr 20, 2011, 02:50 pm #57 Last Edit: Apr 20, 2011, 02:55 pm by type55tardis
I`m a bit stumped on 5 and 6 at the moment (still i said that about 4  ;) ) anyway thinking cap on, I fitted the chicken head switches to the directional panel so thats now finished .

Heres the pic

direct 1.jpg

celation

rocket

How about a Davison inspired panel featuring the "Tardis Information System"?