Apr 20, 2024, 01:01 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Graham's 2005-6 console

Started by armadillozenith, Oct 10, 2006, 12:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

philipw

Quote from: superrichi1a on Aug 07, 2010, 10:52 am
I was trying to get the point a asross that I saw a picture (I think it was on a news site or someone's personal website) that was of a completed New Series console fan build, that looked strikingly like this one, but I can't say for certain that it WAS this one. I was just musing that they could possibly be the same one, just this thread hasn't been updates to show it.

I was just having fun as it was a statement that came across as though you knew something, that others knew, but had decided as a group to not discuss it, thus the circular evocation. I was also somewhat worried that I just didn't get an inside Doctor joke, though that's certainly possible since I haven't seen a number of the shows since Tom Baker.

galacticprobe

Quote from: superrichi1a on Aug 07, 2010, 10:52 am
I was trying to get the point a asross that I saw a picture (I think it was on a news site or someone's personal website) that was of a completed New Series console fan build, that looked strikingly like this one, but I can't say for certain that it WAS this one. I was just musing that they could possibly be the same one, just this thread hasn't been updates to show it.

It's fairly safe to post links to web sites that have "Who" related topics. If you could possibly find that link again and post it, it would be helpful. I'd love to see the finished product, even if it's a different console build than the one started here.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

superrichi1a

Here, I have managed to find the link, it was actually a YouTube video, and it only took me a few minutes of browsing through my web history to find it (although, it was over 3 months ago!).
It turns out that it infact wasn't this console, it was actually build by out very own BioDoctor900, who built the Tennant Police Box a while back, but I think the majority will see how I made the comparison:

It's actually a really nice console, and has me inspired to make my own, unfortunatly, I'm pretty busy with me Police Box, Dalek, and K9 at the moment, which is a shame, but maybe in the future, if i can figure out how :)
If your reading this, Aaron, it's a really great build you have here, and you should be proud of what you can manage all by yourself, considering the limited help you have available to you.
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?