Mar 29, 2024, 08:27 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

JG's TinDog

Started by jaguwa68, Mar 16, 2011, 08:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jaguwa68

Mar 16, 2011, 08:47 pm Last Edit: Apr 13, 2011, 05:29 am by jaguwa68
I built K9 over about a year, starting in 2006, so a while ago now. It was only through my recent TARDIS build that I discovered this site, so thought I'd post these too. Only the ear antenna currently rotate, though I intend getting back to the inner workings eventually, when home decorating allows!
K9_1.JPGK9_2.jpgK9_3.jpgK9_4.jpgK9_5.JPGK9_6.JPG5-Argus_010411_reduced.jpg

lswl

Nice K9! Love how the nose thing extends!

pod

Magnifico!!! One of the best K9 builds I've ever seen. Is it RC or static? Aaah who cares, either way it rocks.

jaguwa68

Well, he's on his way to being fully RC. The antenna rotate, as the head is full of cogs, uv joints and bits and pieces from a disassembled old video recorder and pc (the laser for example slides along two rods which used to be a cd eject box. I'll put together a diary soon where I'll post more details. The plan is though for him to be fully remote -when time permits!

kiwidoc

Very very nice K9-  well done!

action_mat

Well done indeed.  He looks stunning :)

willfleming

HUGE Doctor Who,GHI,GH and Torchwood fan

cyberstephen

He looks great, jaguwa.

Can I just ask, where did you get the red eye-sensor from? It's the only part I need to complete my model and I can't find one anywhere. There was a company someone mentioned on WhoProps which sells red suckers and they said that although they only deal with bulk orders they'd send me one free of charge out of goodwill but as that was months ago I'm sure that they've forgotten.

Stephen

jaguwa68

Hi cyberstephen
It was some sort of plastic grommet that I'd found years ago and added to my collection of sci-fi looking bits and bobs - you know, that box or drawer of "mens stuff", the one we all have full things we'll find a use for one day. I may have a couple more somewhere, but I'm not home till the weekend so I'll check then and let you know. If so, perhaps you can email me your address and I'll send it to you. I'll let you know in a couple of days. It'll be black though, I used enamel paints to mix the required colour - John

cyberstephen

Hey John,

that's really good of you- I'll PM you.

Cheers! :)
Stephen

rasilon1

What a very lovely mutt and Tardis, and the best thing about having a Mutt like K9, there is No mess to pick up.
Excellent workmanship and use of time expired electrical parts to, looking forwork to seeing a build diary

jaguwa68

Most kind.
Build diary here: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=2711.0
Sadly there hasn't been an update for a while, as house decorated has taken priority  >:(

type_1012_tardis

Nice k9 build!  Great attention to detail, and it's nice to hear of the reuse of old broken electronic "stuff" in something so useful and important when most people just throw it out nowadays.  Has it chased any cats or squirrels yet?

End of Line
The ultimate TARDIS of ultimate destiny.  Type 1012.  Now with extra duct tape.

jaguwa68

Blimey, 10 years since the last post!! But he's still with me! Here he is at Smallspace, a few years back now, but my aging brain only just remembered that I created a post on here (spurred on by the fact that I just created another thread for my latest build - a Cyberscope). He's since been signed by a few more Who legends.DSC_0887.JPGDSC_0890.JPGDSC_0891.JPGDSC_0930.JPGDSC_0934.JPG

Volpone

Dec 31, 2022, 03:06 am #14 Last Edit: Dec 31, 2022, 03:08 am by Volpone
Ah, the Westminster Kennel Club Robot Dog Show.  A holiday tradition. 

I'd love to do a K-9, but I'll likely never get around to it. 

And I forgot to mention it over a decade ago, but you have a nice Alternate Doctor costume.  Your outfit, posing next to the TARDIS, is a better Doctor look than anything the 1980s produced, IMO. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.