May 16, 2024, 03:18 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Greatwazoo's Teletran style custom Sonic Screwdriver

Started by greatwazoo42, Mar 11, 2011, 05:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

greatwazoo42

Mar 11, 2011, 05:17 pm Last Edit: Aug 02, 2011, 09:23 pm by Scarfwearer
These are the final images the machinist sent me before packing it up and sending it.  I'll add my own pictures and maybe a video or two once I receive it.

DSCN1906.jpg

DoctorWho8

A work of art! From 3D now to Real D.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

metrosonus

that's some classic good looks right there.. a timeless look for sure, but that would have fit right in with hartnell.

So guess the "lever" works? are you going to add a sound board to it?

lswl

That is awesome, I love the emitter! That looks kinda like a Tennant and Baker put together! Love it! Love it! Love it! I am soooooo jealous!
LSWL

greatwazoo42

Sorry, metrosonus, no room for sound or anything like that.  You can see from the break down of the parts that in order to allow it to fully collapse there's no room for anything else. 

Organic Mechanic

greatwazoo42

I've received it as of this morning and it isn't all good news. 

The sliding section of the thumb ring shaft is jammed after only a few uses and the seat point for the brass section is good but wobbly.  I'm handy enough to take it apart and fix those issues, just not handy enough to make the parts from scratch so I should be able to resolve all that.

Despite these clouds it is an otherwise sunny day when it comes to this prop.  The artisanship is obvious in the appearance. 

I'll post some pictures of it tomorrow when I have my good camera up and hopefully some sunshine to work with.

greatwazoo42

Mar 29, 2011, 03:24 pm #11 Last Edit: Mar 29, 2011, 08:13 pm by greatwazoo42
I took some daylight shots.   ;D

P1010617-small.JPG
P1010618-small.JPG
P1010619-small.JPG
P1010620-small.JPG
P1010621-small.JPG
P1010622-small.JPG

the_temporal_mechanic

So sorry to hear that there are issues with the sonic Waz.   It's quite the looker, and I hate to think it doesn't function all that well in the end.

greatwazoo42

Mar 31, 2011, 02:37 pm #14 Last Edit: Mar 31, 2011, 02:48 pm by greatwazoo42
Thanks for all your compliments guys, it makes me happy to know I've helped bring something into being that people like.  I'm also hopeful this will lead to Teletran being able to have one of his own as well.  His design is far too awesome and looks even more amazing in person.

Also, don't worry, it hasn't ended yet.  I've sent the part back to the machinist and he's promised to either rework or replace it and won't be sending me a new one until it works perfect.   I shared with him the design options that other machinists used in my other sonics for him to learn from and also he is working with a few other people too so he has plenty of source material coming in.  

I trust he'll make things right and darned close to perfect in the coming weeks and I'll have a whole and working Teletranic Sonic again.

As for the two other issues: the brass section being wobbly and the screw action of the extension being uneven:  Locktite for the wobble and Vaseline for the rough movement and all is perfection.  Simple fixes are always the best.   ;D