Apr 24, 2024, 03:00 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

My project

Started by ldnant, Feb 24, 2011, 12:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ldnant

Feb 24, 2011, 12:28 am Last Edit: Mar 01, 2011, 03:18 am by ldnant
This is my box, I bought it from someone who claimed it was built for a BBC commissioned stage play but never finished. I had to assemble it from pieces, I've put the undercoat on and am working on the light boxes (need help with dimensions). Considering buying the made signs from ebay. Anybody know about these? Used these? I have a perspex made top light but would prefer a glass one. I have some oil based oxford blue to do it all with but need to finish my light boxes first.mypolicebox.jpgmypolicebox2.jpg002.jpg

slidin_sidewayz

What on earth did they do to the top of it??

ldnant

The black is high gloss weatherproof paint, the light blue is just the undercoat. Its all marine ply but I want to make it weatherproof even if it lives in my front room. I have weatherproof Oxford blue too.

Teletran

I think the question may have been about the unusual proportions of the signs and roof.
(http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1360/omni02g.jpg)

ldnant

The roof isn't on right in that picture, and the signs have yet to be built as i want to build them around the perspex.

ldnant

tony farrell

May 19, 2015, 01:52 am #6 Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 01:54 am by Tony Farrell
Quote from: Teletran on Feb 24, 2011, 02:07 pm
I think the question may have been about the unusual proportions of the signs and roof.

If you allow for the fact that that neither the three tiered stepped sections nor the sign-boxes are yet fitted, the proportions are very good. With a 'Hartnell' top-tier (rather than the current overhanging 'Pertwee' top-tier), Brachaki is very definitely in the room. I like it!
002.jpg

russellsuthern

I agree with Tony,
These things always look a bit out of proportion until it's all put together.
My own TARDIS looked way too tall until it was completed, then the proportions looked OK.
Putting on the top sign boxes will really make all the difference.

Looking forward to seeing it completed.

Russell