News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

K9

Started by chriskingbees, Feb 17, 2011, 06:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

geminitimelord

Eees a good lil dog there Chris ol Pal.

rocket

The perfect pet, at least he will be when he's finished ;)
Farewell Sarah Jane, you will be missed.

chriskingbees

Hi all
The vitually zero budget dog continues

His visor is now made, cut by the kind people of MERU, one of Elsie's pet charities

Meru visor.JPG

Uber cheap switches for his back:

Control buttons.JPG

And a foam collar, covered in tartan from my Colin Baker coat enforced with wire complete with keyring dog tag

collar.JPG

means the ol'dog looks like this

Nearly there.JPG

KB

geminitimelord

chris, K-9 looks great

chriskingbees

Apr 16, 2011, 08:02 pm #19 Last Edit: Apr 17, 2011, 09:45 am by Scarfwearer
Well, here he is KB's K9

The colour is Citroen Meteor Blue and is very nearly spot on, having that slight bluish tint IMHO.
The only problem is the RC. The monster truck I was given to adapt simply isn't isn't up to it. He doesn't like to turn and sticks on the slightest ridge. I am a complete numbskull at that stuff and being told to go just go out and buy XYZ isn't much help. If anyone can help me get K9 moving in a decent manner, I would be eternally grateful

K9 painted.JPG

KB

rocket

Awww look at the cute doggy.
Farewell Sarah Jane, you will be missed.

geminitimelord

Chris, good looking Dog :)

Kingpin

Great to see it finished, Chris... I look forward to seeing it in person with Elsie again some day (although I bet those killjoys at the Treaty would deepsix having K9 be remote controlled in the centre).

chriskingbees

Thanks everybody, most appreciated.
Help is on it's way, re the RC system, thanks to Charity Dalek Squad.
Yeah Ben, the Treaty prople weren't best pleased with us, but what the hey. Next time we're hoping to "Invade" the pedestrianised bit :)

KB

flaming cog

Could you PM me more info on the RC help please? As I would love to get my dog moving soon :)
(http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5721/themanofmanyfaces.jpg)

lswl

Me too please! the K9 I'm working on was to be put on casters, but the promise of RC is too great!

cyberstephen

I wouldn't fret about it not being a slavish replica, Chris- after all, each K.9 model had slight variations in colour, etc. so who's to say that yours isn't following this idea? Mine's not exactly bang on either.

You've inspired me to finish mine off though as I've not worked on it since late last year due to more pressing matters.

One question. What did you use for the eye sensor? I contacted a company regarding a red sucker but they don't have any in stock right now.

Cheers :)
Stephen

action_mat

That's a great looking K-9, Chris.  A huge achievement considering your budget, well done indeed :)

Stephen - try the pound shop for a red sucker.  Those kids toy gun or bow and arrow sets.

lswl

Quote from: action_mat on May 05, 2011, 08:54 am
try the pound shop for a red sucker.  Those kids toy gun or bow and arrow sets.

That's where I got mine too!

warmcanofcoke

A Magnificent K9 build - he is spot on.  :D
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.