Apr 25, 2024, 03:23 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Cybermat

Started by action_mat, Feb 02, 2011, 10:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

action_mat

Feb 02, 2011, 10:45 pm Last Edit: Feb 12, 2011, 02:26 pm by Scarfwearer
Yesterday evening, I watched "Tomb of the Cybermen" for the first time - brilliant ;D
I watched it again when I got home, with my son.  He loved the Cybermat's so much I decided to make him one. :)

This is a first attempt in Das clay(body), thermo plastic(antennae) and acrylic paint.  They're quite cute! ;D  I've ordered more thermoplastic for mkII, which will be all plastic and R/C....

Could someone please advise me on the correct size?  I wasn't too bothered on accuracy with this one, but it's around 8" long.

cybermat001-1.jpg
cybermat002-1.jpg
cybermat003-1.jpg

galacticprobe

Feb 03, 2011, 09:03 am #1 Last Edit: Feb 03, 2011, 09:05 am by galacticprobe
Check out this thread: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=2452.msg24998#msg24998. It's got a few screen grabs of the different cybermat models (marks?). The ones from "Tomb" were pretty small; some looked no longer than three inches or so. The ones from "Ark In Space" looked like they were at least two feet long. Not sure how big the ones from "The Wheel In Space" were - never got to see any of the clips from that one - but I've heard they looked much like the "Tomb" cybermats and were bigger, but not as big as the "Ark" ones. (Any cybermat experts in the house?)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

action_mat

Thanks for that, Dino :)
I'd forgotten about the Ark in Space version.  That would make a cool puppet. 

lswl

Isn't there a cybermat in Revenge of the cybermen, I'm gonna have to watch it again.

DoctorWho8

It is Revenge of the Cybermen, not Ark in Space, even though they were both set on Space Station Nerva.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

galacticprobe

Feb 04, 2011, 08:59 am #5 Last Edit: Feb 04, 2011, 09:00 am by galacticprobe
AH! You're right... it was "Revenge of the Cybermen." And it was also on Nerva Beacon, but several thousand years earlier than "Ark." (Darned time travelling... can't keep anything straight! :P) But at least most people seemed to know what I meant.  :)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"