Apr 16, 2024, 10:58 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

TARDIS graphics for 9th and 10th Doctor?

Started by ten, Jan 26, 2011, 03:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ten

Jan 26, 2011, 03:37 pm Last Edit: Oct 16, 2012, 06:22 pm by Scarfwearer
Does anyone have the graphics for the TARDIS computer screens that they used during the 9th and 10th incarnations of the Doctor (Eccleston and Tennant)?

Thanks!  :)

riftmaster

search youtube,

Then find a downloader.

Daniel Creese

kiwidoc

It is available as a (fanmade) screensaver - search GallifreyBase for a suitable thread and download link.  Failing that, get hold of me and I'll see if I can dig out the copy I had at the time.

Cheers, glen

galacticprobe

Jan 27, 2011, 06:32 am #3 Last Edit: Jan 27, 2011, 07:15 am by galacticprobe
Are you looking for a static graphic, or a WMV file that you can loop so the screen moves?

The screen saver is ok, but when you download and install it, unless you go to the full download site and buy the full app, you'll get a white-lettered message "banner" in the top left corner of the screen saver that tells you, basically, if you go to the full download site and buy the full app, then you won't see that little message telling you to go to the full download site...

It's not a very large "banner", but it is distracting from the desired effect.

Also, unless that download has been updated, it's not the "full" video that's on Youtube; the screen saver doesn't include the "count down" that starts about half way through. (You'll see what I mean when you watch the vid.)

However, thanks to a fellow forum member I've got a WMV of the full Youtube vid - without the wording at the beginning and the end - and will gladly share it. (Rather than divulge the name of the member who did this for me, I will let said member come forth to take the credit if said member desires to.)

And before any of the Mods delete this and chastise me for thievery, I would like to say that I'm not being a sneak and burgling that vid. I contacted the person who posted the vid on Youtube and asked him if he had the full version. He said that he didn't, but welcomed me to download the Youtube vid and play around with it to edit out the words as mentioned. I didn't have the software to do the download or editing, but one of our members did and was gracious enough to do the editing for me.

BTW, I also have JPEGs if you're only looking for the static version.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

kiwidoc

Quote from: galacticprobe on Jan 27, 2011, 06:32 am
The screen saver is ok, but when you download and install it, unless you go to the full download site and buy the full app, you'll get a white-lettered message "banner" in the top left corner of the screen saver that tells you, basically, if you go to the full download site and buy the full app, then you won't see that little message telling you to go to the full download site...

There are undoubtedly many versions of this sort of thing around-  the .scr I have is a moving version that has no banners or ads or countdown or anything, just the main elements twirling slowly.  Depends what you're after of course, -  the 'net is full of variations on a theme.
Cheers, Glen

galacticprobe

Jan 27, 2011, 03:49 pm #5 Last Edit: Jan 27, 2011, 03:59 pm by galacticprobe
The "count down" I was referring to in the Youtube link above starts at 1:15 into the video, and runs until 2:02, when the video reverts to the main, twirling elements. It's the Gallifreyan number symbols changing roughly every second, counting "something" (not sure what it's counting, but when I contacted the person and asked about the screen saver he told me that it "didn't have the count down part yet" because he wasn't happy with the transition between the main elements and the counting symbols).

Anyway, I've got the copy of the Youtube vid as a WMV from the 0:28 to the 2:33 mark (which when I set my player to "Loop" and run it at full screen looks really cool!). I've also got the static graphic. If you expand the comment on Youtube the person who posted the vid gives the following link where you can download both the graphic (different resolutions for both normal and wide screen monitors) and the same for the screen saver versions:

http://insertcredit.net/doctorwho/tardisscreen/

He says in his comment that his bandwidth is limited and asks that people "download responsibly."

The screen saver downloads as a zip file. It's not auto-extracting so there are no worries there (unless you've got your Winzip set to automatically unzip once it downloads). Inside the zip is an EXE file. When I downloaded the zip I scanned it for viruses and it came up clean. Then I extracted the EXE file and scanned that as well before running it: also clean. So you can feel safe downloading this one.

I've got it running on my old PC. Unfortunately he doesn't have a Mac version created yet.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

The Other

I have this screen saver on my desk top. It runs really nice and smooth!
The Other

ten

Thanks guys!

Exactly the sort of thing that I was looking for!

Appreciate it!  :)