Mar 28, 2024, 06:42 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

2005 TARDIS Build - Finally Finished

Started by the doctor who2, Jan 05, 2011, 07:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

the doctor who2

Jan 05, 2011, 07:12 pm Last Edit: Jan 05, 2011, 08:40 pm by Scarfwearer
Its now finally finished I've added all the finishing touches and here is the final product,

DSCF2393.JPG

DSCF2391.JPG

DSCF2415.JPG

DSCF2408.JPG

DSCF2399.JPG

Here is one of my previous model of the 2010 TARDIS next to my 2005 version,the surface i photographed on was a bit bumpy which accounts for the slant in the models, they really are both at the right angle.

DSCF2416.JPG

i also couldn't resist getting out one of my models from my final project at college and having a quick play around with it, it just makes it a bit more interesting, :)

DSCF2422.JPG

DSCF2427.JPG

DSCF2430.JPG

DSCF2431.JPG
"There's no point being GROWN UP if you can't be CHILDISH sometimes!"

The Fourth Doctor - Robot, S12 E01

geminitimelord

Very nice!  I like the shots inside the corridors.

jaguwa68

Excellent! Worthy of usage as miniatures in the real show. Love the interior detail too, and the idea of bowing the back to increase the dimensional transcendental effect. Well done!

doctorwhoross

how were you able to make the doors turn on the tardis? was it hinges? :)

Rassilons Rod

The corridor shots are cool! Very reminiscent of the corridors in "The Doctor's Wife" :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

lorisarvendu

How tall are they, and where did you get the handles??

the doctor who2

Jul 29, 2011, 05:17 pm #6 Last Edit: Jul 29, 2011, 05:18 pm by the doctor who2
Quote from: doctorwhoross on Jul 29, 2011, 08:36 am
how were you able to make the doors turn on the tardis? was it hinges? :)

Well it has hinges but they are made from a single strip of fabric stuck to both the side of the door and to the frame , but there was one slight problem with using fabric it springs back which is why there are not shots of the door completely open, the 2010 version i made i used masking tape which didn't spring shut on its own accord.

Quote from: rassilonsrod on Jul 29, 2011, 08:50 am
The corridor shots are cool! Very reminiscent of the corridors in "The Doctor's Wife" :)

thanks Rassilonsrod, it took me a long while to make. i didn't plan on it being reminiscent of the TARDIS corridor that was pure coincidence on the production teams part. i designed and made this corridor over 3 years ago :)

Quote from: lorisarvendu on Jul 29, 2011, 03:21 pm
How tall are they, and where did you get the handles??

How tall is what, the corridor or the actual TARDIS?
The handles i stumbled upon accidentally, i have a relative who has a dolls house and was asked if i wanted to go to a fair, and so while i was there found these handles, 10p each, perfect.

Rassilons Rod

yeah, I recognised them as yours - I've seen your work before  :)

didn't mean to infer any copying :)
Public Enema Number One.

the doctor who2

Jul 30, 2011, 06:49 pm #8 Last Edit: Jul 30, 2011, 06:50 pm by the doctor who2
sorry Rassilonsrod i didn't mean to infer that you did infer any copying,
if that made any sense  ;D

Glad you like what i do though  :)

Rassilons Rod

Public Enema Number One.

the doctor who2

Aug 01, 2011, 04:45 pm #10 Last Edit: Aug 05, 2011, 08:31 am by the doctor who2
Thought i'd add a few more photos of this model. i realised i haven't put any photos of the telephone in the box on here yet so here they are and i little play around with my figures relevent to this box. Enjoy  :)

DSCF5063.JPG

DSCF5069.JPG

DSCF5067.JPG

DSCF5066.JPG

DSCF5056.JPG

DSCF5060.JPG

DSCF5072.JPG

DSCF5076.JPG

lorisarvendu

It's very interesting to see close-ups of other model builds, showing the different ways we approach construction to achieve the same ends.  I'll have to have a real close look at your build diary because my methods don't really lend themselves to smaller builds, and I'd like to do one to the same scale as my CO figures.

You're just up the road from me in Hucknell.  I'm in Long Eaton!

the doctor who2

Quote from: lorisarvendu on Aug 02, 2011, 02:57 pm
It's very interesting to see close-ups of other model builds, showing the different ways we approach construction to achieve the same ends.  I'll have to have a real close look at your build diary because my methods don't really lend themselves to smaller builds, and I'd like to do one to the same scale as my CO figures.
You're just up the road from me in Hucknell.  I'm in Long Eaton!

Yep Hucknalls not all that far from long Eaton :)
Everyone has there way of making models especially TARDIS's, there aren't all that many photos of this build. if i next time make another one ill make sure i take plenty of photos. i am tempted to make a Newbery one.

lorisarvendu

I'd be very interested in a close-up of the lamp fitting for your 2010 model. I've done two of those so far, and it was by far the most difficult lamp to do.  Every other one has the struts going from the cap to the base, but the current box has those bent struts.  How the hell do you fix them to the bottom of the lamp??

the doctor who2

Quote from: lorisarvendu on Aug 03, 2011, 07:31 pm
I'd be very interested in a close-up of the lamp fitting for your 2010 model. I've done two of those so far, and it was by far the most difficult lamp to do.  Every other one has the struts going from the cap to the base, but the current box has those bent struts.  How the hell do you fix them to the bottom of the lamp??

Your wish is my command, heres the pictures of the Matt Smith ones and I've also added the David Tennant one as well,

DSCF5105.JPG

DSCF5107.JPG

DSCF5110.JPG

DSCF5111.JPG

The lamps are always the most fiddly and annoying part of the model. I used superglue, i think, to attach mine with as i found PVA was too slow and they kept falling off whilst it dried.