Apr 20, 2024, 08:11 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Console Build

Started by rnojek, Dec 26, 2010, 05:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rnojek

It's been awhile since I last posted. After running out of funds and joblessness, I decided to tear down my Tardis and use the wood for a console. Soon I will have some pics for all to see. Hopefully sometime in the New Year til then Happy New Year to all.

DoctorWho8

Man, I thought at first you tore down your TARDIS for firewood.  But a console is better. I did that with my first cardboard TARDIS and cut it up for a console.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

rnojek

Dec 30, 2010, 04:02 am #2 Last Edit: Dec 30, 2010, 04:03 am by rnojek
What? Turning the Tardis into firewood would be sacrilege... They'd have to take away my Time Lord permit and that wouldn't be a pretty sight.

rnojek

Update: after the sawdust,the millions of splinters...more to come I fear, and some bloodletting, I have the stand assembled and now am working on the panel configuration. Will put up pics soon.

rocket

Farewell Sarah Jane, you will be missed.

rnojek

Jan 04, 2011, 05:55 am #5 Last Edit: Jan 04, 2011, 11:11 am by Scarfwearer
Here's long awaited pics. The 1st is the stand.Stand.gif. The 2nd is one of the four panels. They are 3 pcs of wood glued together.Panel-Nav.gif. The 3rd pic the levers all made from wood. The top one is the mat/demat lever.The other 2 I haven't  decided just yet.Levers.gif The last pic is my solution on how to attach the panels... hinges that way I place the angle anyway I decide. I can then adjust at my leisure and secure

rnojek

I decided to use hinges to attach the panels. easier to adjust the anglesHinge.gif

rnojek

Finding it more difficult and more trouble, I decided to fore go the hinges

rnojek

Jan 12, 2011, 02:30 am #8 Last Edit: Jan 12, 2011, 03:20 am by rnojek
Navagation.gifI've made progress! I chose a gray with blue stripes across the top colour scheme This pic is the Navigation Panel. The lever is the materialize/dematerialize controller.

rnojek

Jan 12, 2011, 02:32 am #9 Last Edit: Jan 12, 2011, 02:40 am by rnojek
Comunication.gifThis is the communication panel. I found an old HAM Radio telegraph just in case all
communications go out I can use morse code.

rnojek

Jan 12, 2011, 02:35 am #10 Last Edit: Jan 12, 2011, 04:15 am by rnojek
 Defense.gifThis last panel is just some levers for  Defense. On the  knobs I used red
paint, then wiped off the excess to give them a worn look. The
copper could be the emergency lever.

rnojek

Jan 12, 2011, 02:37 am #11 Last Edit: Jan 12, 2011, 02:40 am by rnojek
Full.gif Here's the full console. I have a fourth panel which will be the Time input panel

rnojek

Have some lights working with a cluster of 3 gauges lit up. Have a center column with working flashing LEDs. Sorry no pics but will soon

rnojek

It's been over a year since my last post. I scraped my last console and now have been working on a Pertwee inspired new one. New pics soon. This time I'm doing it right with plans.