Apr 27, 2024, 08:06 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Season 14 Wall Panels

Started by Teletran, Dec 18, 2010, 09:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rob49152

I like how the mirror that's attached to the coat stand is also a roundle. I also like how the diamond pattern inside of the wall roundles looks like the opening sequence in a subtle way.

saintcar

Feb 19, 2018, 12:38 pm #16 Last Edit: Feb 19, 2018, 12:39 pm by saintcar
Apologies to Pogle for posting this here, but not sure where the question should go. Does anyone have an idea as to the paint used on the walls of the Season 14 Console room. On the floorplans it mentions the floor should be dark brown emulsion.

On the walls near to the hat tree and given what looks like paint effects with a sponge etc, I wonder if the same floor emulsion was used here?

The paint, however near to the stained glass windows appears to have been undertaken with more care. Could this be a mahogany paint colour effect or blurred walnut, using oil paints and so on to create the effect of wooden walls?

I am not building a Season 14 console room but just wanted to replicate a couple of the wall panels, so planning on having a go to see how close I can get to replicating the look of the walls but wonder if anyone has any observations on the type of paint and colour to go for?
Ta

Wall panel coat stand2.jpg

Wall panel.jpg

galacticprobe

Feb 20, 2018, 07:34 am #17 Last Edit: Feb 20, 2018, 07:44 am by galacticprobe
Saintcar, this is the discussion topic for the (Season 14, Barry Newbery designer) wooden console room wall panels, so you've gotten it in the right place. Your answer might already be in here. (I haven't read through this one in a while.) I'm sure someone will give you the best answer if it's not anywhere in this topic.

So have a read through, and if you don't see what you're looking for, please let us know and we'll try our best to get that answer into this topic.

I hope this was a little helpful.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

saintcar

Feb 20, 2018, 03:44 pm #18 Last Edit: Feb 20, 2018, 03:46 pm by saintcar
Thanks Dino for pointing me in the right direction.
Nothing here yet on a suggested colour for the walls but hopefully with a bit of trial and error I'll find something close.

galacticprobe

Feb 21, 2018, 05:09 am #19 Last Edit: Feb 21, 2018, 05:39 am by galacticprobe
You're quite welcome, saintcar. Please let us know if you do find a match, or as close as you can to a match.

Also, one of our members is doing painstaking research into Barry Newbery's designs: the TARDIS exterior, and interior set. He's had something come up causing him some delay (we call it "Life getting in the way"). So keep your eyes on the Forum. From what he's posted in earlier such topics, I can only imagine his Newbery article will be so accurate to the way things were "as built" when compared to "as intended" on the plans, that the only way you'd get more accurate information on those "as intended" plans is to jump into your own TARDIS, travel back to the past - 1976 and Season 14 - and measure everything in person... and steal the original plans so we could post them once you returned to the present! ;D)

Dino.
P. S. Just curious, but does your username have anything to do with Simon Templar, or his 1962 Volvo P1800 Jensen?
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

saintcar

Feb 22, 2018, 07:41 pm #20 Last Edit: Feb 22, 2018, 07:45 pm by saintcar
Quote from: galacticprobe on Feb 21, 2018, 05:09 am
P. S. Just curious, but does your username have anything to do with Simon Templar, or his 1962 Volvo P1800 Jensen?

Exactly right Dino. I have been known to drive it around on occasions...

"the only way you'd get more accurate information on those "as intended" plans is to jump into your own TARDIS, travel back to the past - 1976 and Season 14 - and measure everything in person... and steal the original plans so we could post them once you returned to the present! "

Actually there is a man who has done just that, more of which Next Time......