News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Matt's 2010 Half size / child size Tardis

Started by chinandler, Dec 02, 2010, 11:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

chinandler

Dec 02, 2010, 11:22 am Last Edit: Dec 02, 2010, 01:39 pm by Scarfwearer
Hi every one.
Just posting the progress so far of my second half size / child size Tardis. This time I'mgoing for the Matt Smih look....if I can...we'll see!

1 base cut.jpg2 base cut posts cut.jpg3 cube assembled.jpg4 back on cube.jpg5 sides on cube.jpg6 doors cut.jpg7 door attached.jpg8 doors attached.jpg9 base step added.jpg10 roof raised.jpg11 corner posts added.jpg

action_mat

I like it :)  What's the height difference between this and your previous child size tardis?  Very lucky kid regardless ;D

chinandler

Size wise, they are the same. I'm working from the same notes i wrote during the last build. This time I'll be putting in the new white framed windows with the T shape dark panes etc, St Johns badge and as close to the 'wood grain' look as I can. (hopefully...)
On the plus side, a friend gave me a shed load of celing light defusers from a school. So I've been adding better windows to my last build. Its Fun think i've caught the bug!  ;D

rocket

Awesome start, and a different approach to most of the builds you see.
Farewell Sarah Jane, you will be missed.

chinandler

Didn't do much today but I did add the sign boxs and the lamp box thing on top. I also started to put on the base skirt but only did the front due to me running short on time  :( I'll finish that bit tomorrow.
P031210_19.50.jpgP031210_19.31.jpgP031210_19.51.jpg

chinandler

I've now added the skirt all round the base and started to fill in all gaps and screws. My next step is to add the panel detailing on all sides and make the windows! I'll post some pics after that stage. (At the min it looks the same as the above pics but with the base finished)

rocket

What a great simple way of building the shell. Looks awesome, and rather sturdy too.
Farewell Sarah Jane, you will be missed.

warmcanofcoke

Wow I wish I had a Tardis when I was a kid. Can't wait to see the result. This is a great project.
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

chinandler

action_mat

chinandler

Thanks. I'm inspired by your interior so that is my next move :)

chinandler

Trying to upload some other pics but i'm having problems... I dont like the angle of these pics... makes it look tall and thin :/

action_mat

Jan 14, 2011, 08:18 pm #12 Last Edit: Jan 14, 2011, 08:25 pm by action_mat
I look forward to seeing how your interior turns out, good luck with it :)  If you go for a mirror on the back wall, I can recommend uk ebay seller:  brosi333.
He sent me a sheet of 3mm acrylic safety mirror (cut to size at 1205mm x 530mm) for £28 inc delivery, which is a bargain.  

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260719138652

chinandler

Jan 23, 2011, 12:03 pm #13 Last Edit: Jan 23, 2011, 12:04 pm by chinandler
1.jpg

action_mat

Nicely to scale and a sturdy looking build :).    Congratulations, that's a beautiful TARDIS :)