Mar 29, 2024, 06:35 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Kevin's TARDIS Build

Started by ozzywald, Aug 27, 2010, 05:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzywald

Thanks i appreciate all comments, the Walls sections are particularly  substantial, as I've used 12mm ply for the backing, today I've been rebuilding the internal framework of the base, when test fitting the wall panels, i stood on a thin part of it and broke it, time to redo again, only this time adding more support for the corner posts.

Liked your box, it looks brill mate, hoping mine looks as good when complete.

Kevin

drew30

your build is coming alog fantastic. i only hope mine comes out as good as the ones i have seen on this site. again fantastic job!

ozzywald

Thanks, i'm sure your build will come out just fine.

Small update, just redone the corner post fixing, thought someone might be interested how.

Built up the corner to match the profile of the post, then a threaded rod screws through the post into base, then a wing nut then tightens this altogether....pic will probably be easier to see, it looks a little rough, but it's strong.

NewCorner1.jpgNewCorner2.jpgNewcorner3.jpgnewcorner5.jpgnewcorner6.jpgnewcorner7.jpg

ozzywald

Jun 22, 2011, 09:07 am #33 Last Edit: Jun 22, 2011, 09:08 am by ozzywald
've now got to the point, where i can begin to assemble the pieces in the garden (yay), yeah i now that sigbox looks a bit ropey, have now remade it.

More pics to follow as assembly continues...
TardisInGarden1.jpg

superrichi1a

I've been an avid fan of this build from the very start, and it looks to be coming along tremendously! I love how you blue turned out - when I tried it it didn't work so well.
Can you give me an idea of scale? Width of the base, height of the posts for example? I'm finding it harrd to visualise next to other boxes.
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

ozzywald

sure, the Base is 50" X 50", the post are around the 89" mark, height of the doors is 76", between the posts is 36", can't remember how high the base is around 3 to 4", hope this helps..

This afternoon, fixed all the wall panels in and the top roof section, even if it is still missing the lens, still also making the very, very fiddly windows, tomorrow hope the get at least one door fixed on.

More pics to follow..

Thanks for the comments, it's great to have them, incase i'm going wrong somewhere.

Cheers
Kevin
:) :)

ozzywald

Ok, here it is almost complete, just minor things to take care of, windows, 3/4 round on posts, the signbox signs etc.

Tardis_assembley1.jpgTardis_assembley2.jpg