Apr 25, 2024, 05:08 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Hudolin Virtual Build

Started by sanguinewolf, Nov 08, 2010, 08:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sanguinewolf

Nov 08, 2010, 08:21 am Last Edit: Dec 01, 2010, 06:58 pm by Scarfwearer
I still need to do the lock on my s18 but its giving me grief, so I decided to work on a Hudolin Box...

heres a days worth of work, had to redo the sign-boxes and doors a few times due to geometry problems. but im quite please,

thanks go to lespaceplie for the plans and adding the top view for me, makes it soo much easier to work out the corner posts :)

8thtardissmall.jpg

sanguinewolf

just quick update, been working on the yale lock since i got up, so heres a close up of the doors :)

tardishudolin doors.jpg

edit: i will redo the doorpanel with a more accurate font for the "public"

peted

Looking really good... the font on the telephone panel of the Hudolin box is Della Robbia (or a variation of it) as far as I can tell.

sanguinewolf

just lil update, still working on window texture and interior lighting ect is hard to get a happy medium between over lit window and over reflective...

added texture to wood and door handles and lock, needs a lil tweak, but is a basis to start off

doorclosup.jpg

Rassilons Rod

Really nice work on the paint job! Very authentic :) I like it a lot!
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

sanguinewolf

past 2 days been playing with lighting and different illumination techniques for lighting the signs and windows, currently using 2 different methods for the windows and the top signs, the windows are basically the back planes of the windows detached and turned into a lightsource.. and the topsigns lettering is a transparent white texture with a light behind it shining through,
my goal was to see if lighting it with 3ds max .. the way it was lit (or previous boxes were lit) cause i havent seen inside this box.. would generate realisic results.. anyway heres a lil preview of my results thus far.. still doesnt seem realistic to me yet.. too much noise on the ground .. but that will be removed with highter subdivisons and longer render times..

tardisstanding.jpg