Apr 24, 2024, 06:05 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Customised CO Sonic

Started by superrichi1a, Nov 06, 2010, 05:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

superrichi1a

Nov 06, 2010, 05:06 pm Last Edit: Nov 06, 2010, 06:35 pm by Scarfwearer
I don't think this site already has one of these threads (and I hope it's not in the wrong place or I'm doing anything wrong etc), but I thought it might be nice to start a thread up where people can post pictures of Character Options Sonics they have customised, as many have done it. Here is mine MK1, adapted from an End of Time Tennant toy:
Sonic1.jpg Sonic3.jpg
The body had been completely striped down and repainted in the innacctrate "Heritage Gold" colour, but on this one the crackles didn't come out very well. The button hold has also been widened and repainted to allow for activation off the screwdriver whatever position it is in. The slider button has also been replaced with a curved piece of aluminium to be more accurate to the Tennant series 3-4 screwdriver.
I was never very happy with this. The colour was innaccurate, the crackle effect looked rubbish, and the coil was all wrong. So, earlier today, I restripped this baby, and am currently working on Mk2, which will be more of a Eccleston style sonic, but with a little twist (nothing exciting, just a bit of Tennant injected into the design). Pics to come soon :)
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

Scarfwearer

The forum is set up to have one build per topic, so I've changed the title to be in the singular. :)

Crispin

Teletran

it might work if you moved it from the build diary section to the other prop gallery section but you should certainly keep a seperate diary for your own sonic.
(http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1360/omni02g.jpg)