Apr 19, 2024, 01:12 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Action Mats roughly 1/2 size TARDIS

Started by action_mat, Nov 02, 2010, 07:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

timerotor

Oh my word! You have got to be the BEST DAD in the WORLD!!!
I just watched your video of Christmas morning magic!
In 1983, my Dad got as far as making a sort of wooden box, didn't have any writing on or windows or handles and not a brush stroke of blue and everyone thought I was a complete weirdo kid getting in and out of a wooden box! - but to me it WAS my Tardis! - I had a good imagination...
Now; what you've done for your son and indeed the family is give THE BEST Christmas surprise EVER! And he will always remember it and so will you!  Well done Dad!
Happy New Year!
Mark
living, learning, loving, refurbing, & preserving!

bad wulf

That's just wonderful!
Here's to many fun adventures!
Sara
Donna: Doctor, what is it, what's Bad Wolf?
The Doctor: It's the end of the universe!

rocket

Now that's the sort of reaction you'd expect from a kid getting their own tardis
Farewell Sarah Jane, you will be missed.

action_mat

Jan 02, 2011, 01:02 am #63 Last Edit: Jan 02, 2011, 01:39 am by action_mat
Thanks everyone, I hope you all had a great Christmas  :)

He's hardly been out of it since Christmas morning.  Every now and then his head pops out the phone box door to blow a raspberry, or just to let me know he's off to Gallifrey ;D

rocket

Well at least he's being responsible enough to let you know where he's going

drew30

kiwidoc

Brilliant.  Wonderful video too - I think you're getting some votes for parent of the year!

action_mat

Thanks for the kind comments  :)

I took this picture of the owner this morning.  I thought the corners of his mouth looked a bit down turned when I looked at the image, which was odd as he was smiling.  Then I noticed they were chocolate smears and found a packet of chocolate biscuits in the Tardis. ;D

It's standing up to some very enthusiastic play, there's been 4 kids inside trying to rock it!  

dwam002-1.jpg

rocket

Great shot, and nice to see he's not traveling alone.

Although he better not grow to fast.

geminitimelord

The TARDIS looks like a Giant plastic toy! 

I must say you have done an excellent job on the build. From this angle it looks flawless.

action_mat

Jan 12, 2011, 11:28 pm #70 Last Edit: Jan 13, 2011, 12:02 am by action_mat
Cheers Geminitimelord :)   Giant plastic toy was actually the look I was trying to achieve ;D  The 8" flight control TARDIS on the left is his favourite toy, which is why I wanted to make one big enough for him to fit in.  I've watched him staring through the doors of that toy at eye level and I bet he was imagining being able to fit inside it.  
I made my window bars thicker (for strength and durability as they were cut from a single sheet) and the light is bigger as I had to use the only lens I had (an evian bottle).   I don't know how accurate the toy is compared to the real TARDIS, but I like the chunky base. :)
dwam-1.jpg tardis049-1-1-1.jpg

cyberstephen

Haha! So the rumours must be true that the 12th Doctor favours choccie biccies over jelly babies :)

Happy days :)
Stephen

geminitimelord

well buddy you achieved it. Doesnt look like wood looks like plastic, all shiny. Excellent detail.

action_mat

Sep 20, 2011, 12:34 pm #73 Last Edit: Sep 20, 2011, 09:16 pm by action_mat
Hi everyone,
I've been looking in with interest, but haven't had the time to start a new build yet.

In the meantime, may I introduce you to my favourite Dogtor? (Tom Barker)  ;D

tombarker002-1.jpg

rustymetaldog

This is one of the coolest things I have ever, ever seen! Well done, you rock! I need to make sure my imminently arriving son or daughter needs something like this in 4 years time! Brilliant!
Build high for happiness :)